Topic Title: HDTV poor image quality (Asus HD 6770)
Topic Summary:
Created On: 08/08/2012 01:23 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 08/08/2012 01:23 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Novacom
n00b

Hi, new on these forums here

A few hours ago I decided to output my PC to my 1080p 32" Samsung TV. The connection I used was DVI from the back of my PC to HDMI on my TV. The connection is fine, however the image quality is appauling in most cases.

To start with, the screen itself isn't correctly lined up, so I get black bars around certain edges of the screen, which isn't a particularly bad problem. The worst of it is seen when just looking at any general thing like a web browser and the text on the screen. The text is an eye saw, but is barely readable, the colours seem a little washed out in places also.

Even though the quality was atrocious, I tried playing a game to see what it looked like (The game in question being GTA 4) and apart from the black bars around the edge, it looked pretty much perfect, so the problem mainly comes with text and other smaller, harder to see things.

I'm no extreme geek when it comes to this, but I have a pretty decent idea of what I'm doing. I've looked through the settings on the TV, none of which seemed to be relevant or make any difference. I've also tried changing resolution, refresh rate, enabling GPU scaling and just generally played about with settings in CCC hoping it would make a difference but nope.

Anyone know what problem it might be and/or how to solve it? A start would be knowing what might be causing it; GPU, TV, drivers etc.

-------------------------

AMD Athlon II X3 440 3.00GHz | 4GB Kingston HyperX RAM | Asus Radeon HD 6770 | Corsair TX650 V2 PSU | W7 Ultimate 64-bit | Packard Bell Viseo 200WS 1600x900 monitor |

08/08/2012 02:06 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
black_zion
80 Column Mind

As far as text goes, television displays aren't setup to display text the ways computer displays are, so the same text that looks crisp and clean on a PC display can look unreadable on a HDTV

-------------------------
ASUS Sabertooth 990FX/Gen3 R2, FX-8350 w/ Corsair H60, 8 GiB G.SKILL RipjawsX DDR3-2133, XFX HD 7970 Ghz, 512GB Vertex 4, 256GB Vector, 240GB Agility 3, Creative X-Fi Titanium w/ Creative Gigaworks S750, SeaSonic X750, HP ZR2440w, Win 7 Ultimate x64
Statistics
84124 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.