I was looking online and found that a new set of drivers had been released, some of which were supposed to clear up the flickering caused by enabling CrossfireX in Skyrim. However, upon uninstalling the older drivers and installing the newer drivers, I've found that the flickering still occurs.
So far, 11.2 has been the only drivers that have not caused the bright, white flickering in Skyrim. While in Crossfire mode, I can tell the performance is greatly increased and gameplay seems smoother than when running off of one card, however the flickering is still there. With the 12.8 release the flickering isn't as bright and the game is semi-playable, however it is still there and still noticable. I'm not sure if anyone else is still getting this issue, as I read that the Crossfire issues were supposedly resolved. I'd like to be able to play this game with Crossfire enabled. While it runs decent on one card, I still get some stuttering during intense fights, especially when using magic against dragons and other mages. While playing with Crossfire on, there's no stuttering at all, but I have to choose between suffering from epilepsy playing on Crossfire or the stuttering while running a single card.
- 2x AMD ATI Radeon HD5780
AMD Catalyst Driver Version, and Driver History
- 12.8 current version. Tested 11.2 and up.
-Windows 7 Pro 64bit
- While running Skyrim in game with CrossfireX mode enabled, I receive constant, bright white screen flickering while playing. With CrossfireX off, the flickering stops and the game graphics display normally.
- All settings in CCC are set to application controlled, no extra settings used, all other settings on default. No hardware accelleration used.
- links to videos or pictures that may demonstrate your issue
Applications and Games
- TESV: Skyrim, up to date with latest patch and Dawnguard DLC installed.
-AMD Phenom II x4 945 3.0Ghz (not overclocked)
Display Device(s) and Connection(s) Used
- include specific brand & model (ex: DELL U2411)
Motherboard or System Make & Model
Motherboard BIOS Version
System Memory Type & Amount
- 8GB DDR3 Corsair Memory
- Antec TruePower Quattro 1000W ATX 12V & EPS 12V PSU
- 8 5" Case Fans, 3x 250GB SSD Hard Drives, 1x 500GB SSD hard drive, Sound Blaster Audigy 4 sound card.
- Updated all system drivers, uninstaleld/reinstalled graphics drivers and used Driver Sweeper to clear additional files, uninstalled/reinstalled Skyrim.
- The only driver package that works with CrossfireX enabled is 11.2. All drivers beyond that cause the screen flickering to occur when CrossfireX is enabled.