Topic Title: World of Warcraft DirectX 11 Radeon HD 7850 freeze+crash Catalyst driver related issue
Topic Summary: Freeze+crash with directx 11 enabled in wow with Radeon HD7850 all catalyst versions back to 12.4
Created On: 09/03/2012 12:10 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 3 Previous Last unread
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 12/10/2012 06:00 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
l3vi4than
Peon

Originally posted by: dudeman5142 

Is everyone still running rock solid on 12.11 beta? 

Yes, not a single freeze/crash/reboot/bsod or anything for the past 5 days of raiding. \o/ .

12/12/2012 05:33 AM

Author Icon
Reneterning
Peon

Originally posted by: l3vi4than
Originally posted by: dudeman5142 

Is everyone still running rock solid on 12.11 beta? 

Yes, not a single freeze/crash/reboot/bsod or anything for the past 5 days of raiding. \o/ .

Same...

12/19/2012 11:48 AM

Author Icon
taxton
Peon

Still having issues, not a complete freeze, but the game just stops responding to any actions while the environment is going on for like 2-3 seconds. Got the response from Blizzard below. Anyone else with this issue?

Having looked at the attached files I see in the windows logs that your system is contantly hanging from a service called "fuel.service.exe" which is a process ran by your AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series graphic card.

Please contact AMD Support, in the mean time try running the game in less than 2x anti-aliasing as there seems to be a problem with your AMD Card running World of Warcraft - Mists of Pandaria experiences due to graphical corruption if anti-aliasing is over 2x,  AMD ned to patch this.

12/20/2012 05:16 PM

Author Icon
Rumraket
Peon

I'm not experiencing this issue.

12/20/2012 05:23 PM

Author Icon
Rumraket
Peon

When you install new drivers, try to first make sure the previous version is properly and completely uninstalled.

Try using a drivercleaner like "Driver Fusion", download and install it, then:

First, go to control panel -> programs and applications -> remove all AMD catalyst related programs and drivers, then reboot. 

After your reboot, use Driver Fusion to completely remove any remaining ATI/AMD related files and registry entries, then reboot again. 

Then install the new Catalyst 12.11 beta drivers (12/3/2012) -> reboot.

Finally, install the Catalyst Application profiles 2 (12.11 CAP 2, 12/3/2012) -> reboot. 

This way you have made absolutely sure everything has been properly installed and there are no residual driver conflicts. 

12/26/2012 05:59 AM

Author Icon
taxton
Peon

Originally posted by: Rumraket When you install new drivers, try to first make sure the previous version is properly and completely uninstalled.

Try using a drivercleaner like "Driver Fusion", download and install it, then:

First, go to control panel -> programs and applications -> remove all AMD catalyst related programs and drivers, then reboot. 

After your reboot, use Driver Fusion to completely remove any remaining ATI/AMD related files and registry entries, then reboot again. 

Then install the new Catalyst 12.11 beta drivers (12/3/2012) -> reboot.

Finally, install the Catalyst Application profiles 2 (12.11 CAP 2, 12/3/2012) -> reboot. 

This way you have made absolutely sure everything has been properly installed and there are no residual driver conflicts. 

Thanks Rumraket for the advice, but sadly i didnt work out. I even re-installed Windows 7, with a complete format of my boot drive.

Not sure what to do, Blizzard says it's AMD, so they are not going to fix it, and the newest beta drivers seem to work for everyone except me.

Could it be that my GFX card is just broke or something?

greets,

Taxton

Statistics
85477 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 5 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.