Topic Title: Mist of Pandaria Patch 5.0.4 having serious graphics issues, Blizzards blaming drivers
Topic Summary:
Created On: 09/07/2012 12:48 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 09/07/2012 12:48 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
volcom426
n00b

Im coming to you with an issue that blizzards is having with there new patch they released for Mists of Panderia. In there Tech forums hundreds of threads about graphics issues and they are not giving any support for it.

They are having issues with nividia and amd radeon hd cards it seems. They keep blaming drivers and having you basically destroy your computers trying to resolve the fps drop and graphics freezing. To make a long story longer Before their patch 5.0.4 My computer ran 30-40 fps on the good graphics setting with never an issue.

Since 5.0.4 patch my fps drop to 18-20 and in combat my fps drop 0-8 and there is an screen that pops up thats says to disable addons, which i have none. I deleted the interface folder which had the addons in to make sure there wasnt anything interfering.

My computer exceeds there recommended requirements, way above the minimum requirements. They also state they support my video card. Do you know what they have done to their graphics to cause so much of an issue and them not be able to give any anwsers to why.

ill post my equipment, I have an HP DV7, i5 2.53ghz - 2.8ghz, AMD radeon HD 6370 512mb ddr3, 6GB ram.

I would aprreciate any info or help to deal with my graphics issues, and sry if i dont make sense, im not the greatest in tech talk.

09/07/2012 02:16 PM

Author Icon
Marc@AMD
Forum Moderator

This should go under the Notebooks catagory, but I am okay to leave it under Games and Applications Help.  I understand why you created it under this catagory and I suspect most people will see this thread here already created, rather than under Notebooks.

Mists of Padaria isn't scheduled for release until end of Sept.  I suspect this is something that Blizzard will need to address themselves in advance of the expansion's official launch date.  Until that time, the game is still under BETA.

;Marc

-------------------------

AMD Customer Care

The information presented in this document is for informational purposes only and may contain technical inaccuracies, omissions and typographical errors. Links to third party sites are for convenience only, and no endorsement is implied.

09/07/2012 02:49 PM

Author Icon
volcom426
n00b

I understand Mist isnt released yet, but they have updated the current game cataclysm to the new graphics that are coming out with MoP. And now my computer is having problems playing catacylsm. My question is does there need to be a new driver for my setup for the graphics in MoP, or is this on blizzards end. Blizzard is making it seem like its problems with my computer and im trying to take that out of the equation.

09/07/2012 03:51 PM

Author Icon
black_zion
80 Column Mind

Something you need to understand volcom426 is that EVERY studio will blame AMD (and nVidia) for any issues a game has. Remember RAGE? Not AMD's fault. Remember The Secret World (which caused the closure of the studio) which lacked (and I believe still does lack) Crossfire support? Not AMD's fault. As you stated there is an issue with both AMD and nVidia cards since the patch, so it is a problem on their end.

ASUS Sabertooth 990FX/Gen3 R2, FX-8350 w/ Corsair H60, 8 GiB G.SKILL RipjawsX DDR3-2133, XFX HD 7970 Ghz, 512GB Vertex 4, 256GB Vector, 240GB Agility 3, Creative X-Fi Titanium w/ Creative Gigaworks S750, SeaSonic X750, HP ZR2440w, Win 7 Ultimate x64
 09/07/2012 04:30 PM

Author Icon
Canis-X
Forum Moderator

...Yep, it is ALWAYS easier to blame the other guy!  I always blame the neighbors cousin, twice removed, since his name is rhymes with Bill Gates.  It works for me and the person I'm talking to doesn't know who that person is so they never know if I'm right or not....

In all seriousness, check and see if your system created a restore point prior to installing the game and if so restore it.  That will hopefully correct your issue with cataclysm.

The opinions expressed above do not represent those of Advanced Micro Devices or any of their affiliates.
Requiescat In Pace AMD Processor Forums | Member since: 1/19/2009 | Post count:
Please don't PM me with questions, instead create a thread so that everyone can assist and benefit from the knowledge provided. Thanks in advance!

09/08/2012 04:01 PM

Author Icon
volcom426
n00b

Update, I was told by blizz that my driver was out of date, so I found a post in the amd forums of a way to put 12.8 catalyst on my computer, which i did and still have the same graphics issue in wow 5.0.4 patch. The 12.8 works but has conflicts with my computers switchable graphics so I just disabled intel graphics.

Question, is amd going to release any new drivers for the radeons with switchable graphics? I called HP and asked them if they were working on a driver update for graphics and I got silence and a not sure what your talking about lol.

So back to blizzard, I imformed that my computer exceeds the recommended requirements for Mop, and this was there reply to that. "Yes technically you do meet recommended requirements, BUT your computer will play the game at low performace because of your graphics card is not very good".

I asked them if my computer meets the recommended requirements and performance will be low, What about the people with the minimium requirements is there performance going to be "very low". 

And ty canis for the tip but the problem with that once you log onto wow it will start trying to update to patch 5.0.4, so im going to look into a way of disabling that.

09/08/2012 05:56 PM

Author Icon
black_zion
80 Column Mind

AMD CANNOT release drivers for laptops with Intel switchable graphics as AMD does not have access to Intel's technology.

ASUS Sabertooth 990FX/Gen3 R2, FX-8350 w/ Corsair H60, 8 GiB G.SKILL RipjawsX DDR3-2133, XFX HD 7970 Ghz, 512GB Vertex 4, 256GB Vector, 240GB Agility 3, Creative X-Fi Titanium w/ Creative Gigaworks S750, SeaSonic X750, HP ZR2440w, Win 7 Ultimate x64
 09/16/2012 04:17 PM

Author Icon
Jcuervo947
n00b

Yes, I was having this same problem. I had a 12.8 driver and WoW actually crashed quiet a few times. So I rolled back to 12.6 Driver as Black_Zion suggested and it stopped the crashes. However now I have crazy graphic glitch problems with WoW. It has some of the same symptoms as if I were overclocking my gpu too much. Everything has been fine until MoP 5.04 patch soI suspect its on blizzards end even though they keep denying it.

09/18/2012 10:54 AM

Author Icon
Tarfu
n00b

the issue is more related to their newest patch and directX 11, not necessarily AMD's drivers, as the issue is same with nvidia... Blizz's workaround is to run using directX 9... actually even called '11' "experimental"...

Statistics
84154 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 6 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.