Topic Title: There are black borders around the image because the desktop doesn't completely fill the entire screen area
Topic Summary:
Created On: 09/11/2012 08:03 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 09/11/2012 08:03 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
AndreyDaeron
n00b

Yes I've read GPU-72, yes I've use search, yes I check all TV settings, yes I've update everything I can, and yes it doesn't help.

I have LG TV (37LF75) and SAPPHIRE ATI 5770 videocard connected throu HDMI cable. I use Windows 8 x64 (release, not CP). 

After installing OS windows and latest dirvers (12.8) picture like in GPU-72 appeared, but this issue was easy solved by changing Pixel format from YCbCr to RBG. So in Windows picture is perfect. 

But when I run games (like WOW 5.0.4 or WOT 0.8.0) that use DirectX 11 black borders appear again. Sometimes, when I switch between game and OS, screen is not re-initialize and black border appears in Windows again, at this time I should  go to the CCC and change pixel format to another and back and all is OK, black border is disappear. 

When I connect my TV through old-school VGA cable image is bad quality but no black borders appear.

Then I've downloaded Microsoft DirectX SDK and compile and run their example (MultithreadedRendering11) and I have the same problem. 

So it looks like no Pixel format options is applied when FullScreen game is initialized and I have no idea what the parameter can( or should) be initialized during DX11 initialization to solve this problem.

Also scaling scroller does not enabled in my Windows.

09/11/2012 12:49 PM

Author Icon
AllGamer

go into CCC and right click on your monitor within CCC, then select OVERSCAN and set it to 100%

-------------------------
AllGamer
 09/11/2012 01:17 PM

Author Icon
AndreyDaeron
n00b

Slider does not work, and it set in maximum position

09/12/2012 04:54 AM

Author Icon
AndreyDaeron
n00b

I have some additional information about this issue.

You can add custom HDTV format for example 1904x1080 or 1920x1076 and then save it.

Then just use this format in game (WOW or WOT) and all will be much better then default. Black border disappeared but still image have a little issue (blinking of some pixels that should not blink) and a little unfocus.

Unfortunatly it's impossible to add custom HDTV format with the same resolution as standart.

My be support can give a question what the difference in appling custom and standart HDTV format? 

Statistics
84960 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.