Topic Title: GW2 Crash
Topic Summary: GW2 tech support hasn't helped, looking elsewhere for input
Created On: 09/27/2012 12:44 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 09/27/2012 12:44 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Bivvz
n00b

Graphics Card
Sapphire Radeon HD 6950 2gb

AMD Catalyst Driver Version, and Driver History
CCC v12.8

Operating System
Windows 7 64-bit (Service pack 1)

Issue Details

I have been having a horrid time with GW2 since I bought it a couple weeks ago.  After anywhere from 5 minutes to 1 hour my game will crash(speakers let out a loud, quick noise like the audio is halting and crash dialog box appears asking to send crash report to arena net).  I then have to restart my computer to use anything.  For example if I open Firefox, the UI just flashes around all glitchy...sorry for the bad imagery.

Crash report lists a problem with this file: File: ..\..\..\Core\Basics\Windows\Math.cpp(229)

After way too much troubleshooting and talking to tech support I came across someone having the issue of their processor automatically overclocking whenever they ran GW2.  Tech support even pointed this out(still awaiting a response from this specific find).

Is there any way to be 100% sure that feature is disabled.  Guild Wars 2 has known issues with overclocking so I want everything working a normal speeds.  This could have nothing to do with my problem but just ruling stuff out.

I also want to note I have never overclocked my current system intentionally.

Motherboard or System Make & Model
ASUS m4a87td EVO

Power Supply

XFX Black Edition 850W

Applications and Games

Guild Wars 2

CPU Details
AMD Phenom II x4 975 Black Edition 3.6GHz

Motherboard BIOS Version
v2001

System Memory Type & Amount
Kingston HyperX 16gb

Additional Details
I just used Dban to wipe my drive and start fresh, updated my motherboard drivers, BIOS, and installed CCC 12.8 along with the new cap3 application profiles.

Edited: 09/28/2012 at 04:49 AM by Bivvz
 09/28/2012 01:52 AM

Author Icon
Bivvz
n00b

I've been told my GW2 support that my front side bus is running at around 900MHz, which according to them is 100MHz more than normal.

If this is true, can anyone assist me by explaining how to fix this?

11/24/2012 08:13 PM

Author Icon
FrogDog
Peon

I have a similar setup.  go into bios, find Load Line Calibration.  change it from Auto to Disabled.  Disable c1E IF you have it.  DO NOT OVERCLOCK.  its ok to hard set your ram though.  Fixed my gw2 crashes and i was also getting BSOD randomly in only that game.  

Originally posted by: Bivvz Graphics Card Sapphire Radeon HD 6950 2gb AMD Catalyst Driver Version, and Driver History CCC v12.8 Operating System Windows 7 64-bit (Service pack 1) Issue Details

I have been having a horrid time with GW2 since I bought it a couple weeks ago.  After anywhere from 5 minutes to 1 hour my game will crash(speakers let out a loud, quick noise like the audio is halting and crash dialog box appears asking to send crash report to arena net).  I then have to restart my computer to use anything.  For example if I open Firefox, the UI just flashes around all glitchy...sorry for the bad imagery.

Crash report lists a problem with this file: File: ..\..\..\Core\Basics\Windows\Math.cpp(229)

After way too much troubleshooting and talking to tech support I came across someone having the issue of their processor automatically overclocking whenever they ran GW2.  Tech support even pointed this out(still awaiting a response from this specific find).

Is there any way to be 100% sure that feature is disabled.  Guild Wars 2 has known issues with overclocking so I want everything working a normal speeds.  This could have nothing to do with my problem but just ruling stuff out.

I also want to note I have never overclocked my current system intentionally.

Motherboard or System Make & Model ASUS m4a87td EVO Power Supply XFX Black Edition 850W Applications and Games Guild Wars 2 CPU Details AMD Phenom II x4 975 Black Edition 3.6GHz Motherboard BIOS Version v2001 System Memory Type & Amount Kingston HyperX 16gb Additional Details I just used Dban to wipe my drive and start fresh, updated my motherboard drivers, BIOS, and installed CCC 12.8 along with the new cap3 application profiles.

11/25/2012 08:02 AM

Author Icon
zipsi
Elite

Overclocking rarely causes issues if its done the proper way and is prime stable.

-------------------------
Intel I7 3770K @ 4.5ghz, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H, Gigabyte HD7970 ghz edition, 4x4gb Kingston HyperX Beast 2133mhz, Seasonic Platinum 860, Samsung 840 Pro 256gb, OCZ Vertex 4 128gb, WD Black 1TB, WD Green 3TB+1.5TB, ASUS Xonar Essence ST, ASUS VE278Q, Windows 3.11
 11/25/2012 08:38 AM

Author Icon
FrogDog
Peon

Originally posted by: zipsi Overclocking rarely causes issues if its done the proper way and is prime stable.

That is fine and dandy, but since I have been stable at stock speeds for the last 4 years and guild wars 2 is BSOD and crashing to desktop randomly, I had to spend a few days troubleshooting.  The only thing that stopped the crashing in guild wars 2 was to disable load line calibration.  I dont care to overclock but the post on the gw2 forum that gave me the clue about picky game bugs out at slightest fluxuation in voltage told me that you cant overclock in guild wars 2 on alot of computers or it will crash.  Just sharing what fixed my issue and is worth a try, reguardless if it rarely causes issues for you or not.  

11/25/2012 12:52 PM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
black_zion
80 Column Mind

It's an issue with NCSoft/Anet they have to fix, some days I'll play for hours without issues, sometimes it'll crash 3 times in an hour.

-------------------------
ASUS Sabertooth 990FX/Gen3 R2, FX-8350 w/ Corsair H60, 8 GiB G.SKILL RipjawsX DDR3-2133, XFX HD 7970 Ghz, 512GB Vertex 4, 256GB Vector, 240GB Agility 3, Creative X-Fi Titanium w/ Creative Gigaworks S750, SeaSonic X750, HP ZR2440w, Win 7 Ultimate x64
Statistics
85370 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 5 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.