Topic Title: Railworks (Train Simulator) 2013 Screen flashes
Topic Summary: Screen flashes very briefly every few seconds in Railworks 2013
Created On: 10/20/2012 03:56 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 10/20/2012 03:56 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
gdavej
n00b

Graphics Card
Radeon HD7950

AMD Catalyst Driver Version, and Driver History
Catalyst 12.8

Operating System
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Issue Details
When playing Railworks (Trains Simulator) 2013, the screen flashes briefly (much less than 1 second), but frequently. The game is playable, but the frequent flashes are an annoyance. It's impossible to create a snapshot of the problem since it too fast. I'm using the default settings for the 3D Application settings page in CCC, but I have played around changing tessellation, vertical refresh etc, none of which seemed to resolve the problem.

Motherboard or System Make & Model
Dell Alienware Aurora R51

Power Supply

- include specific brand & model with output wattage
- a link to the manufacturer’s product page with specifications, or a picture of the unit’s label is helpful

Display Device(s) and Connection(s) Used
- include specific brand & model (ex:  DELL U2411)
- include specifics about any cables, adapters, splitters, hubs, used

Applications and Games

Only occurs with Railworks (both 2012 and 2013 versions). I also play MS Flight Simulator X, but the problem doees not occur in that game.

CPU Details
Intel i7 3820 CPU @ 3.6GHz

Motherboard BIOS Version
Alienware 07JNH0 version A00

System Memory Type & Amount
DDR3 (1600MHz) 16Gb

10/22/2012 12:42 PM

Author Icon
asciikode
n00b

Does it look anything like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RScSvhVRSfk&feature=vmdshb

Driver 12.6 appears to minimize the issue. This is not the only game that has this issue, though it is one of the easiert to reproduce.
The following is the same location and locomotive, but on the 12.6 driver, only minutes later.
Please note that 12.6 won't cure the issue, but it will happen a whole lot less.
I've been on AMD for about a month about this issue, and haven't heard anything.
This thread on guru3d shows that the issue is common, and affects many other games.http://forum.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=368290
I suggest you submit a bug report to both AMD and Railworks so that they know that it is a more common issue.

10/22/2012 05:19 PM

Author Icon
zipsi
Elite

..Thinking of which, I should dual boot to DOS and game Star Goose.

-------------------------
Intel I7 3770K @ 4.5ghz, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H, Gigabyte HD7970 ghz edition, 4x4gb Kingston HyperX Beast 2133mhz, Seasonic Platinum 860, Samsung 840 Pro 256gb, OCZ Vertex 4 128gb, WD Black 1TB, WD Green 3TB+1.5TB, ASUS Xonar Essence ST, ASUS VE278Q, Windows 3.11
 10/22/2012 10:13 PM

Author Icon
gdavej
n00b

Originally posted by: asciikode Does it look anything like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RScSvhVRSfk&feature=vmdshb

Driver 12.6 appears to minimize the issue. This is not the only game that has this issue, though it is one of the easiert to reproduce.
The following is the same location and locomotive, but on the 12.6 driver, only minutes later.
Please note that 12.6 won't cure the issue, but it will happen a whole lot less.
I've been on AMD for about a month about this issue, and haven't heard anything.
This thread on guru3d shows that the issue is common, and affects many other games.http://forum.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=368290
I suggest you submit a bug report to both AMD and Railworks so that they know that it is a more common issue.

Thanks for the response. That's exactly the problem that I'm seeing. I'll submit a bug report, hopefully it will help to prompt some action from AMD.

Statistics
87535 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 5 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.