Topic Title: NFS most wanted 2012 fps issues
Topic Summary:
Created On: 11/01/2012 08:12 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 11/01/2012 08:12 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
dOrIaN101nthnsm
Peon

Hello,

Just bought nfs most wanted.

i have been running it on 1920x1080 with all settings on max.

been getting between 40 - 55 fps most of the time which is kind of ok.

The problem is that sometimes it drops to 30 or even a little below that, it usually happens when you are in an area with alot of draw distance.

it dosent matter if the car if moving or not, it just stays that way untill the camera is looking at something closer or when a big building is blocking the view.

there is no vsync option for the game but i assume its on because it never goes above 60.

I have tried changing all the settings to minimum with little results, when i say little i mean it gave me a few more fps here and there but the main issue is still there. /:

Had the very same issue with sleeping dogs if that helps any.

By all accounts my hardware should be able to handle this game even on max settings:

windows 7 64 bit ultimate

cpu - Phenom II x6 1100t running at 4.0 ghz

mobo - gygabyte 880gm

gfx - sapphire 7970 running at 1125 gpu and 1575 memory

ram - 8gb 1333 mhz corsair

hdd - X2 2tb seagte barracuda

coolent:

gpu

cpu

(temp's are fine i always check)

catalyst - 12.10

This is my third windows installation in 4 months so im pretty sure its not the os - constantly checked for crap.

so... any thoughts?

tnx in advance - dorian.

-------------------------
cpu phenom II x6 4.0
mobo 880gm
7970 oc'd to inf'
8gig corsair 1333
X2 2tb seagate barracuda

Edited: 11/01/2012 at 08:36 PM by dOrIaN101nthnsm
 11/01/2012 08:50 PM

Author Icon
Canis-X
Forum Moderator

I've been hearing people complain about the current drivers out.  You might want to try an older driver with the current game profiles to see if it improves.  Just make sure to use Driver Fusion in safe mode after you have uninstalled CCC and before you install the version of CCC you want.  Ultimately, if the game play isn't suffering then ignore the fps and have fun.   

I've had to do this lately with my GTX590's on the current drivers that are out.  My fps dropped way down playing BF3 at 6144x1080, stating they are around 30fps  from the 100fps I was getting on older drivers, but....ultimately the game play was just fine....not choppy, laggish, stuttering or anything so I just look past it.

If you are experiencing problems though, then that is an entirely different story.

The opinions expressed above do not represent those of Advanced Micro Devices or any of their affiliates.
Requiescat In Pace AMD Processor Forums | Member since: 1/19/2009 | Post count:
Please don't PM me with questions, instead create a thread so that everyone can assist and benefit from the knowledge provided. Thanks in advance!

11/02/2012 07:30 AM

Author Icon
maxx126
n00b

We need a CAP for this. Any idea when we can get it?

Normally crossfire does not scale in this game. Both GPU remains at  %50 but if I select BF3 profile both GPU becomes %100 and it scales very well. That profile has screen flashing/flickering issue during gameplay though so it is not playable with that.

11/03/2012 09:47 AM

Author Icon
dOrIaN101nthnsm
Peon

Originally posted by: Canis-X I've been hearing people complain about the current drivers out.  You might want to try an older driver with the current game profiles to see if it improves.  Just make sure to use Driver Fusion in safe mode after you have uninstalled CCC and before you install the version of CCC you want.  Ultimately, if the game play isn't suffering then ignore the fps and have fun.   

I've had to do this lately with my GTX590's on the current drivers that are out.  My fps dropped way down playing BF3 at 6144x1080, stating they are around 30fps  from the 100fps I was getting on older drivers, but....ultimately the game play was just fine....not choppy, laggish, stuttering or anything so I just look past it.

If you are experiencing problems though, then that is an entirely different story.

Hey Canis-X, tnx for replying.

I have tried changing the catalyst to 12.8, 12.6 and 11.12 using the method you recommended, non of which worked im afraid.

11.12 actually crashed during installation i dont know why.

the problem is quite noticeable when it drops rappidly from 60ish to 30ish, its like im back on xbox /:

Have you heard about other people who had problems with this game?

because i cant find anything substantial.

cpu phenom II x6 4.0
mobo 880gm
7970 oc'd to inf'
8gig corsair 1333
X2 2tb seagate barracuda
Statistics
84832 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 5 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.