Topic Title: Powerpoint 2007 custom graphics will not preview unless I turn off graphic accelerator in Powerpoint settings
Topic Summary:
Created On: 11/02/2012 02:27 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 11/02/2012 02:27 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
tyw7
Nerfed

Open up Powerpoint 2007 and go to slideshow --> Setup Slideshow. Turn on hardware graphic acceleration.

Then type in a text. Highlight the text and go to animations --> custom animations. Click on add add effect --> Entrance --> more effects. Then click on the affects to preview them. It merely "blinks" rather than show the affects. When I turn off graphic acceleration, the effect shows.  Transition effect works but not the text effects.  None of the text affects previews unless I turn off the hardware graphic acceleration.

I am using the latest AMD Catalyst (version 12.10).

I am using an AMD ATI Radeon HD 6570. HP p6792uk PC.

Edit: I ran the program in Safe Mode and the problem still exists.

Edit: I'm using Win7 as mentioned in my signature.

-------------------------
HP Pavilion p6792uk
AMD Phenom II X6 1035T
ATI Radeon HD 6570
Windows 7 Home Premium (64 Bit) SP1

Edited: 11/02/2012 at 02:45 PM by tyw7
 11/02/2012 03:05 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Canis-X
Forum Moderator

Yeah, hardware acceleration is problematic in several applications.  Probably best that you leave it off and allow your CPU to handle it for now.....and retest in the future to see if the issue has been corrected with a newer driver release.

-------------------------

The opinions expressed above do not represent those of Advanced Micro Devices or any of their affiliates.
Requiescat In Pace AMD Processor Forums | Member since: 1/19/2009 | Post count:
Please don't PM me with questions, instead create a thread so that everyone can assist and benefit from the knowledge provided. Thanks in advance!

Statistics
85401 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 10 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.