Topic Title: ATI Radeon 5700 HD - Games and Videos problems
Topic Summary:
Created On: 11/03/2012 04:13 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 11/03/2012 04:13 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Snipedhunter
n00b

Hello! I'm the new one here with my first post. I have bought ATI Radeon 5770 HD Series about 2 years ago and after many problems and many drivers' updates I'm so angry now so I registered here to ask you finally for solution of my problems. So now I'll try to describe the problems with my poor English.

This is list of problems -

1) Starting with DOTA 2 causes blackscreen,blinking leading to BSOD - First of all, I must know why, when I run Dota2 it does shows half of desktop and then starts to blinking into blackscreen, computer completely freezes, then blink off and unfreeze, showing aero desktop and in taskbar I see status that AMD Driver stopped working and was recovered. Then the process repeats about 10x times and then the computer goes into blue screen that does not automatically restart computer and stands frozen until I manually shutdown computer. It's broken as it does showing only half of bluescreen message (It's cut). 

2) Running my own recorded videos causes blinking black screen - After I run my recorded video that was recorded by eg. Fraps, Camtasia, Cam Studio and many others, It's similar problem like with DOTA2 - black screen, blinks, freezes, unfreezes, shows message about recovering driver that stopped working, freezes, black screen however then ends by complete black screen and frozen (does not show bluescreen).

3) Running Torchlight 2, World Of Tanks, Unreal Tournament 3, Rainbow Six Vegas, Counter Strike Source causes problems described in 2).

4) And finally Old problem  (this one was fixed) (Must include it here too) - All games + All youtube videos problems - This was fixed in previous driver updates and it was causing same problems like in 2) and 3). It was causing problem with every game I played and every video I watched. It was absolutely terrible and the computer was unstable and unusable. I couldn't post it here sooner as I figured out just today how to create new topic on this forum (Terrible to orientate here though).

Problems 1),2),3) are there with first driver update and are still there with newest 12.10 driver's version. I have tried 3x complete driver reinstalls and 2x OS reinstalls and still no solution. I've also tried edit all kinds of settings in Catalyst Control Center but It caused instant blue screen and/or blackscreen + freezing

Please I need your help people. I'm really nervous from these problems.

I can send latest minidump of BSOD that was caused today by DOTA2.

Graphics Card
ATI Radeon HD 5700

AMD Catalyst Driver Version, and Driver History
Had all drivers. Now I'm on 12.10

Operating System
64Bit Windows 7, Service Pack 1.

Issue Details
Written Above

Motherboard or System Make & Model
I think It's GIGABYTE GBB35X Controller

Power Supply

Display Device(s) and Connection(s) Used

How can I determine these?

Applications and Games
Torchlight 2, World Of Tanks, Unreal Tournament 3, Rainbow Six Vegas, Counter Strike Source, Camtasia Studio, Fraps, Camstudio, DOTA2

CPU Details
Quad Core, Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU 750 @ 2.67 GHz, 2793 Mhz

Motherboard BIOS Version
BIOS: Award Software International, Inc. F1, 4.8.2009, 
SMBIOS: 2.4

System Memory Type & Amount
4 GB

Additional Hardware
- include specifics about the harddrive(s) used (ex: SSD boot drive), # of case fans, optical drives installed, or any additional PCI, or PCIe devices installed

Additional Details

My computer build is certified by IT professionals and shouldn't be anyhow conflict. It's everything caused by your graphics drivers

I never had any virus, spyware or anything like that as I'm software professional, very careful and clever man. (System protected by newest AVG Internet Security, Malwarebytes, Performing daily full system scans

Best Regards,

SnipedHunter.

-------------------------

Best Regards,

SnipedHunter.

Edited: 11/03/2012 at 04:48 PM by Snipedhunter
 11/03/2012 04:45 PM

Author Icon
stumped
Wizard

First remove your old drivers using control panel/remove a program. Express uninstall all AMD software including the installer. Reboot. Run Driver Fusion http://treexy.com/products/driver-fusion select AMD graphics and delete all it finds. Reboot. Install the 12.10 driver suite including the .dotnet4. Reboot. You should be good to go.

Intel I7 960 @ 3.87ghz *Intel DX58SO *HIS HD6970 2gb *Corsair TX650M *2x4gb Corsair XMS3 *WD Black 1TB *Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit ***Asus N71Jq laptop *Intel I7 720QM Processor *Mobility Radeon HD5730 1gb *8gb Ram *Windows 7 64bit ** Toshiba P75-A7200 * Intel I7-4700MQ * Windows 8.1 64bit

* A clear conscience is usually a sign of bad memory *

11/03/2012 04:50 PM

Author Icon
Snipedhunter
n00b

Hello stumped. Thank you for your response. I appreciate your help but that's what I tried multiple times.

Originally posted by: Snipedhunter

I have tried 3x complete driver reinstalls and 2x OS reinstalls and still no solution. I've also tried edit all kinds of settings in Catalyst Control Center but It caused instant blue screen and/or blackscreen + freezing

Best Regards,

SnipedHunter.

Best Regards,

SnipedHunter.

11/03/2012 05:10 PM

Author Icon
stumped
Wizard

Yes...but you didn't mention using driver fusion...which is the key.

Intel I7 960 @ 3.87ghz *Intel DX58SO *HIS HD6970 2gb *Corsair TX650M *2x4gb Corsair XMS3 *WD Black 1TB *Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit ***Asus N71Jq laptop *Intel I7 720QM Processor *Mobility Radeon HD5730 1gb *8gb Ram *Windows 7 64bit ** Toshiba P75-A7200 * Intel I7-4700MQ * Windows 8.1 64bit

11/03/2012 05:15 PM

Author Icon
Snipedhunter
n00b

What is difference between

1)complete OS reinstall and installing drivers to clean computer

2) Driver fusion?

Best Regards,

SnipedHunter.

Best Regards,

SnipedHunter.

Edited: 11/03/2012 at 05:27 PM by Snipedhunter
 11/03/2012 05:31 PM

Author Icon
stumped
Wizard

You asked for suggestions...I gave you one. If you uninstall your botched install and run Driver Fusion, you will be surprised what it finds and deletes. You might also check to see if you have .net framework 4 installed. Get your 12.10 drivers here > http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads/Drivers/ATI_Catalyst/old/

11/04/2012 12:11 PM

Author Icon
Snipedhunter
n00b

No other solution?

Best Regards,

SnipedHunter.

Statistics
84124 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 4 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.