Topic Title: HD 6900 and Windows 8 in eyefinity mode
Topic Summary:
Created On: 11/07/2012 12:39 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 11/07/2012 12:39 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
@ns1bl3
Peon

Hi,I have a HD 6900 videocard in eyefinity setup with three screens.It works well, but Windows 8 is a bit strange with it, perhaps because of the drivers or because of poor eyefinity support in Windows 8, dunno.The problems I have noticed are:- first, windows 8 use a start screen, and apps you launch such as mail or IE from there go full screen. But then they are full screen across the three screens, which is not very practical.- second, the windows 8 lock screen is awful. When I deactivate eyefinity it looks fine, I mean I just see my lock picture, and I have to move the picture up to see my login screen. But when I'm in eyefinity mode, I see both the lock screen and the logon screen, with some kind of translucy, and the lock picture's colors are awful, like if I was with a 16 color setup.Anybody noticed that, and have a solution?Perhaps something good could be a way to use eyefinity only for the desktop, and use just one screen (like the middle one) for start and lock screen, dunno... But either microsoft or AMD should do something for this, as really this looks weird...Thanks

-------------------------
Statistics
84301 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 4 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.