Topic Title: Display Driver AMD has stopped responding and has succesffuly recovered.
Topic Summary:
Created On: 11/18/2012 11:27 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 11/18/2012 11:27 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
twinparadox
Peon

The error message I am getting is "DISPLAY DRIVER AMD HAS STOPPED RESPONDING HAND HAS SUCCESSFULLY RECOVERED" nothing referencing a driver file.  

The same thing happens in 3 different games.  

EQ2 and WoW.  

IF I'M IN WINDOW MODE - The game will load up to the character select screen, it will pause,flicker to white screen and then the came will continue with the above message poping up in the system tray. Sometimes it will go through that cycle 3 or 4 times before letting me play.  Sometimes this will happen in game as well.  

IF I'M IN FULL SCREEN MODE - The game will load up to the character select screen and then freeze, no video animation or mouse activity in game, but I can still hear the music playing. At this point sometimes it will stay here until I CTRL ALT DELETE sometimes it will minimize to the desktop and I have control of the mouse again.  Either way when I go to the task manager the game is not responding.  

I started with Version 12.8 updated to 12.0 the problem got worse and with the advise of a tech at EQ2 used the older versions of the drivers, it doesn't happen as frequently in game, but it is still happening.  

Things I have done.  

Uninstall & Reinstall Display drivers several times, restarting computer after each uninstall and recently using driver fusion driver sweeper.

Uninstall and move the EQ2 game from the Drive to the Criver (which is SSD and has the OS on it) and back to the D: driver. 

Per the instructions at http://forums.amd.com/game/messageview.cfm?catid=444&threadid=161193&enterthread=y  I changed / created the TRDelay to 8. 

Any more help would greatly be appreciated.  

Here is the information Marc suggested I include, I know just enough tech to be stupid so if you need more information please let me know

Graphics Card

AMD Radeon HD 7850 - 2GB - CrossFire Mode (Dual Cards

AMD Overdrive is turned off in the Catalyst. 

AMD Catalyst Driver Version, and Driver History

Currently using 12.3

Was using 12.8 when I noticed the problem, upgraded to 12.10 and the problem got worse.

Downgraded to  12.4 per tech advise from EQ2 and finally 12.3

Operating System

- Window 7 Home Preium, 64bit 

Issue Details
- See above

Motherboard or System Make & Model
- Gigabyte, GA-x79-ud3

Power Supply

- 1000w

Display Device(s) and Connection(s) Used
- LG Flatron w2361V

Applications and Games

- EQ2, WoW, Torchlight 

CPU Details

-Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3930K CPU @ 3.20GHz (12 CPUs), ~3.8GHz

Motherboard BIOS Version
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. F9, 2/22/2012

SMBIOS Version 2.7

System Memory Type & Amount
8 GB [2 GB X4] ADATA DDR3-1866 Memory Module

Additional Hardware
(120 GB ADATA S511 SSD - Single Drive) this is where the OS is stored. 

1 terra byte hard drive is where the other programs are set up. 

Additional Details
- Done a system scane with AVG anti virus

Used CCleaner to clean up the registary. 

Ran Memtest86 through the night, no errors detected. 

Ran Prime95 for 6 hours, no errors detected. 

Edited: 11/21/2012 at 02:24 PM by twinparadox
 11/19/2012 04:51 PM

Author Icon
Marc@AMD
Forum Moderator

Nearly all forums members will agree the DXDiag & MSConfig information is not necessary, and given that it is a lengthy Copy/Paste into the post, it makes it kind of messy.  I would recommend you edit your original post, to remove that information and follow the sticky in the category to provide the information your peers need most to help you.

Also, review this KB article if you have not already.

;Marc

-------------------------

AMD Customer Care

The information presented in this document is for informational purposes only and may contain technical inaccuracies, omissions and typographical errors. Links to third party sites are for convenience only, and no endorsement is implied.

11/21/2012 02:25 PM

Author Icon
twinparadox
Peon

Updated post as requested,  please let me know if you need more information. 

Statistics
84970 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 5 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.