Topic Title: [HD 5970] SALEM MMO
Topic Summary: Poor performance on java based mmo
Created On: 11/30/2012 04:39 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 11/30/2012 04:39 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
gosulity
Peon

Graphics Card

- Powercolor HD 5970 256Bit 2GB GDDR5 Dual DVI 16x
- No overclocking has been done since I bought it (07/2010)

AMD Catalyst Driver Version, and Driver History
- 12.10 Clean installation after new windows 7 installation

Operating System
- Windows 7 64 Bit  Service Pack 1

Issue Details
- The game is a java based mmorpg game. When I run the client it takes around %7-8 cpu usage and 700M memory but the gpu usage differs from %5 to %90. I used fraps and MSI Afterburner to check the game fps (since there is non to show ingame) and GPU usage. If I choose everything "use application settings" the overlay shows around 40-50 fps but the game feels like 15-20fps and gets slower and slower. GPU usage is around %20 (%0 on secondary GPU)  on those settings. When I max settings from catalyst control center to 16/8x anti aliasing and 8/4x anisotropic filtering and forcing crossfire settings ( I tried all settings ) it starts with a smoother feeling but it gets worse again in time. That uses around %50-60 of GPU usage with crossfire on default settings and if I for crossfire it takes %95-100 on both GPUs.

Also another problem is that since game has no fullscreen mode (its a windowed mode game) if I maximize by double clicking the game gets unplayable (5-15fps) and when I return it to resized mode it gets more smoother. Same thing happanes when I toggle antialiasing ingame on/off it changes the performance a lot but still not playable. In the end, I have no idea what is wrong, and I even made a full system reinstallation just to be sure nothing is wrong but it is still performing poorly.

Motherboard or System Make & Model
- ASUS Maximus IV Gene-Z Intel Z68

Power Supply
- HIGH POWER Absolute Power 850W HP-850-G14C
- a link to the manufacturer’s product page with specifications, or a picture of the unit’s label is helpful

Display Device(s) and Connection(s) Used
- Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24"
- HDMI cable with HDMI to DVI adaptor

Applications and Games

- SALEM Online MMO (http://www.salemgame.com/)
- Custom client (http://forum.salemgame.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=50)

CPU Details
- Core i5 2500K Socket 1155 3.3Ghz 6MB Cahche 32nm
- @4200 (42x100MHz) 1.30 Core Voltage

Motherboard BIOS Version
- American Megatrends Inc Version 3402 Date 04/27/2012

System Memory Type & Amount

- 2x 4GB CORSAIR Vengeance DDR3 1600MHz

Additional Details
- Virus tested with nod32, spybot search & destroy, no problem with Prime95 and memtest

Statistics
88974 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.