Topic Title: Any Suggestions for Flight Simulator X
Topic Summary:
Created On: 12/15/2012 03:06 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 12/15/2012 03:06 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
martyb
Peon

Hello  I have a HD 7800 series and it Looks Horrible, Jaggies everywhere.

Not sure if I'm missing something but it sure doesn't seem like a card  of this caliber even works. I have tried for weeks Tweaking Settings and Dissapointment  has set in,  Anyone have any ideas ??  Thanks for your time.

12/15/2012 06:50 PM

Author Icon
Earnhardt
Case Modder

IMPORTANT

When posting a thread about a particular issue you are experiencing it is very helpful if you provide as much information as possible. Please use the template below, and be as detailed as you can. It will enable your fellow forum members to provide more accurate and helpful suggestions.

Graphics Card
- include the specific brand & model (ex: ASUS Radeon HD7970-DC2-3GD5)
- if any over-clocking is being done then provide GPU & memory clocks, and the application used to over-clock

AMD Catalyst Driver Version, and Driver History
- include driver version currently used, and version(s) tested previously

Operating System
- 32-bit/64-bit; Service Pack, etc..
- include details about additional operating systems also tested

Issue Details
- include specifics on symptoms, and steps to reproduce the issue
- describe in detail the issue experienced
- for 3D Games, please include details of your in-game graphics settings (ex: Anti-Aliasing, VSync, etc..)
- links to videos or pictures that may demonstrate your issue

Motherboard or System Make & Model
- include the specific brand & model (ex: DELL XPS 8500, or ASUS M4A88TD-V)

Power Supply

- include specific brand & model with output wattage
- a link to the manufacturer’s product page with specifications, or a picture of the unit’s label is helpful

Display Device(s) and Connection(s) Used
- include specific brand & model (ex: DELL U2411)
- include specifics about any cables, adapters, splitters, hubs, used

Applications and Games

- list out all applications and games where the issue is occurring
- include details about version or patch numbers

CPU Details
- include model, speed, number of cores (ex: AMD Phenom II x4 965 Black Ed.)
- if any over-clocking is being done provide details about it (ex: multiplier, voltages, clock speeds, and the application used to over-clock)

Motherboard BIOS Version
- the BIOS version is displayed as soon as your system is powered on (ex: ASUS BIOS 1015)

System Memory Type & Amount
- include specific brand & model

Additional Hardware
- include specifics about the harddrive(s) used (ex: SSD boot drive), # of case fans, optical drives installed, or any additional PCI, or PCIe devices installed

Additional Details
- include information about any system checks that have already been done to ensure the system is clean of viruses, spyware, etc..
- include information about any checks that have already been done to ensure hardware is not faulty. (ex: hardware swaps, Prime95 for CPU testing, Memtest86 for memory testing)

-------------------------

AMD Customer Care

The information presented in this document is for informational purposes only and may contain technical inaccuracies, omissions and typographical errors. Links to third party sites are for convenience only, and no endorsement is implied

AMD Phenom II 1100t @4.0Ghz /Asus sabertooth 990fx/2x Gigabyte 3G 7950's in crossfire/500G samsung 840 ssd/16G G-Skill Ripjaw 1600/2-samsung 24" monitors 1920X1200/Corsair AX1200W psu/W7 pro 64,G19 keyboard,Roccat kone pure mouse,Cooler master HAF932,Corsair H100i water cooler,Zalman ram cooler.Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champion Series,Logitech Z5500 speakers,Roccat Kave 5.1 headset.

12/15/2012 07:28 PM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
black_zion
80 Column Mind

Anti Aliasing

AMD FX-8350 w/ Corsair H105, ASUS Sabertooth 990FX Gen3/R2, 8GiB G.SKILL DDR3-2133, XFX HD 7970, 512GB Vertex 4, 256GB Vector, 240GB Agility 3, Creative X-Fi Titanium w/ Creative Gigaworks S750, SeaSonic X750, Corsair C70, HP ZR2440w, Win 7 Ultimate x64
 12/16/2012 11:44 AM

Author Icon
martyb
Peon

Thaks for the reply and Sorry for being Vague.

System Specs   AMD  Fx-8350  4.0 ghz  usually running at 4.4 ghz, Gigabyte  ga970a ud 3  motherboard , 16 gig corsair ram

XFX double D 7870 ghz edition 2 gig 256 bit. Factory clock setting.

Corsair tx 750 p/s   m4 128 ssd  O/S  win 7 64 bit   Cm4 256 fsx only

seagate 1 tb hdd  for everything else. newest 12.11 beta driver installed.

Trying to use CCC for Anti Alasing and filtering and it doesn't look any better than my onboard,  wavy lines everywhere, i have tried just about

every combination and it just isn't sharp  my menus are washed out and ground textures are the same. jaggy lines just about  everywhere.

Not sure if there is some other way to sharpen up the edges so to speak

but i'm not impressed with spending the amount of money that i did for little improvement (i guess)  i just figured this card would be the one.

unless i just have a bad driver but i have tried a few older ones and i get the same result.

Thanks for your time

mb

12/17/2012 07:38 AM

Author Icon
shadowsky76
Peon

Are you using FSX in DX9 or DX10 mode?

You cant force antialias in CCC in DX10 mode, you must enable it in in-game menu, but its limited to x2. However, you can set AA mode to Supersampling in CCC, it looks really nice even with just x2 mode available in DX10.

If you use DX9, you can either enable AA in game, or in CCC, it should just work fine both ways.

I use FSX in DX10 mode with Supersampling enabled, and it look really nice - not only there are no "jaggies", but also no "shimmering" on foliage (trees, grass).

Edited: 12/17/2012 at 09:43 AM by shadowsky76
 04/07/2014 02:01 AM

Author Icon
hayden1717
Peon

i have an 8350 with the new gigabyte r9 290 and my frames are too low. about 7-15 . any idea what to do? thank you

Statistics
87570 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 6 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.