Topic Title: Deus Ex Promo not working
Topic Summary:
Created On: 01/10/2013 01:00 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 01/10/2013 01:00 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
leon27607
Peon

I recently purchased an AMD product, and it included 2 codes for 2 different games. One of these was Orcs must Die and that code worked fine(with steam). The other one was for Deus Ex: Human Revolution. The instructions on the back tell me to go to www.amd.com/deusexpromo to acquire a download link(after inputting the coupon code), however the page doesn't work. I get this error:

Not Found

The requested URL /deusexpromo was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

This usually happens on the server's side in which something is not working with the website. I tried contacting support but they have not responded. I didn't even get an automated mail like some other places do saying they received my email(which is why I'm posting this here now). The search function also doesn't yield any results so I'm not sure why there are no other threads about this problem. Going to the www.amd4u.com page redirects me to the "neversettle" promo but that's not the one I am under. Well upon further reading on the Redeem card it says at the bottom that it expired December 31st, 2012 but how can that be if I just received my GFX card yesterday(1/9/2013). It was shipped out on 1/4/2013. Why would they still have this Deus Ex Promo for it if it was pass 12/31/2012?

Edited: 01/10/2013 at 01:14 PM by leon27607
 01/10/2013 03:34 PM

Author Icon
Kent@AMD
Grinding Levels

The Deus Ex promotion ended on December 31st, 2012, but the cards were packaged with the cards when they were originally shipped out to retailers. If the retailer promoted the Deus Ex coupon as something to make you want to buy it, talk to them about it and see what they can do. But the coupons were pre-packaged with the cards, but they were only valid from May 2012 to Dec 31, same with Dirt3.

-------------------------
AMD Customer Care

The information presented in this document is for informational purposes only and may contain technical inaccuracies, omissions and typographical errors. Links to third party sites are for convenience only, and no endorsement is implied.
 01/16/2013 07:20 PM

Author Icon
leon27607
Peon

I contacted newegg about it but they apparently don't understand the problem. They just sent me another Deux Ex coupon code which obviously does not work because the website to redeem it doesn't exist. The funny thing is they're still promoting it on their website saying that the GFX card comes with 2 free games when only 1 of them works. It's like false advertising in my opinion...

01/23/2013 10:38 AM

Author Icon
George@AMD
Nerfed

AMD has reinstated the promotion for Deus Ex. It has now been extended to March 31st 2013. If you have these coupon codes please register them now before time runs out.

Here is a link to the website.

http://amd4u.com/deusexpromo/

-------------------------

AMD Customer Care
The information presented in this document is for informational purposes only and may contain technical inaccuracies, omissions and typographical errors. Links to third party sites are for convenience only, and no endorsement is implied

01/23/2013 07:17 PM

Author Icon
leon27607
Peon

Yes, I noticed the website is back up but putting in the coupon code that I got originally didn't work, neither did the "extra" one from newegg. It said that I had claimed a beta key with those codes already when I have not.

Statistics
87587 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 5 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.