Topic Title: GTA IV on XFX 7970 problem
Topic Summary:
Created On: 01/12/2013 04:58 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 01/12/2013 04:58 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
clenfesty
Peon

Hi guys!I am very new to this so bare with me.  Recently i had got a XFX 7970 and for some odd reason GTA IV (steam version) wont allow me to change the video/graphic settings to maximum, it wont even allow me too change my resolution.  I've went searching all over the internet for a solution i found something called "-norestrictions -nomemrestrict" by copying and pasting it into the shortcut properties.  This allows me to change the settings however the game is UNPLAYABLE, meaning it lags and stutters as if im running a video card from 2002 to try to play the game.  I had initatly had the gtx 460 sc ee 1gb and had recently upgraded to a XFX 7970 3gb video card and honestly all i can think of is perhapes the 3gb memory throwing off gta iv its really anyoing as i love the game but my new card thats top of the line cannot run it, is it possible that you AMD with release a fix for this? im positive im not the only person experiencing this issue.  Also right now i am running the latest drivers 12.11 cap 2 HELP! thanks in advance.
 01/13/2013 07:07 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Dinwiddie
Grinding Levels

GTA4 can be like that. A hand holding 'feature' that didn't allow for new cards with more RAM sometime down the line = Fail. The game thought my 7970 had something like 128MB or so VRAM.

The fix is a commandline text. Open notepad from within GTA4's main directory and name the file   commandline.txt

Enter the following and save the text to the main GTA4 directory. Do the same in the EFLC main directory if you have that. You may not need the resolution commands with the other two, but I use them anyway.

-width 1920
-height 1080
-norestrictions
-nomemrestrict

Statistics
85485 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 3 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.