Topic Title: Google Chrome & Monster Hunter Tri with Dolphin Emulator
Topic Summary:
Created On: 01/14/2013 12:28 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 01/14/2013 12:28 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Sysyphus
Peon

Hello,

My name is Lisandro, i'm from Argentina and this is my first issue with your magnificent products.

About six months ago I bought a PC which components are:

*Micro-Processor AMD Bulldozer X6 3300

*Video-Card AMD Radeon HD 7750 1Gb

*RAM Kingston 8Gb (Two of 4Gb) 1333

*HDD Western Digital 1Tb (1000 Gb)

*O. S. Windows 7 (x64)

I have it connected by HDMI cable to my Samsung 32' LCD.

I played the heaviest games (like The Witcher 2, Far Cry 3, Crysis 2, etc.) through all this months without a single problem or overheating or anything. But since i've installed (i don't know if it is coincidence) Catalyst latest drivers my monitor turns black, the sound stays crashed for a seconds and then my PC reboots by itself. I have experienced this several times watching fullscreen videos on Google Chrome (not in I. Explorer, when i can watch them with no problem) and playing "Monster Hunter Tri" with the Dolphin Emulator. The crash happens ramdomly after a few seconds or after half an hour. When Windows restarts it tells me that the error is called "BlueScreen".

I've made a temperature scan while playing Monster Hunter Tri (i know that emulators uses a lot of cpu) and my cpu temperature raises to 59° Celsius maximous. The video card stays in 40-45 ° Celsius. When closing the application every temperature goes down to 30-35°C.

I fully cleaned the PC two days ago.

I really hope you can help me. Thanks.

01/15/2013 08:49 AM

Author Icon
Sysyphus
Peon

Could someone help me please?

It only happens to me watching fullscreen videos on Google Chrome and playing Monster Hunter Tri on Dolphin Emulator. Randomly during the applications, but never past the 30 minutes.

Please give me a hand, friends.

01/15/2013 04:30 PM

Author Icon
Marc@AMD
Forum Moderator

The temperature of the CPU is getting up there, but that's okay.  Try to run a CPU benchmarking or stress-testing application like Prime95.  You can use another application like Hardware Monitor to see the temps rise.  Curious to see if Prime95 (stressing the CPU only) will cause the system crash.

I am not familiar with the game or the Dolphin Eumulator.  Do they run through the browser?  Are there any updates to Chrome?  To confirm, you ay that Internet Explorer works well and you have no crashes. Correct?

;Marc

-------------------------

AMD Customer Care

The information presented in this document is for informational purposes only and may contain technical inaccuracies, omissions and typographical errors. Links to third party sites are for convenience only, and no endorsement is implied.

01/17/2013 05:45 AM

Author Icon
Sysyphus
Peon

The Prime 65 Torture Test made 8 test (in each core) in 17 minutes: zero errors, zero warnings.

The Dolphin Emulator it's a GameCube and Nintendo Wii emulator, while Monster Hunter Tri is one of the heaviest games of Wii. It doesn't run through the browser. About the Chrome updates, i'm pretty sure the same browser updates everything by itself.

New fact: yesterday, my PC crashed the same way but... ¡¡¡LOOKING FULLSCREEN PHOTOS ON WINDOWS!!! The weird thing is that i can play Battlefield 3, Far Cry 3, Blade & Soul, Dark Souls, Need for Speed Most Wanted, Lucius, Hitman Absolution for hours and my PC won't even heat.

That's right, on I. Explorer it doesn't happens.

Please help me, i'm desperating.

Thank you so much for the reply.

Edited: 01/17/2013 at 05:52 AM by Sysyphus
 01/17/2013 08:41 AM

Author Icon
Sysyphus
Peon

I'm about to try with a complete and clean PC rebooting. Do you think it would be of any help?

Also, i want to know if 59-60 celsius degrees is too much for a CPU while playing games.

Thank you so much.

Edited: 01/17/2013 at 10:18 AM by Sysyphus
 01/17/2013 01:23 PM

Author Icon
Marc@AMD
Forum Moderator

Doing a complete system reformat and clean install of the OS is a great way to rule out potential problems with the OS install.  Go for it!

59-60c is fine.  I don't think you'd get it much lower than that under full load in typical case setup.

;Marc

AMD Customer Care

The information presented in this document is for informational purposes only and may contain technical inaccuracies, omissions and typographical errors. Links to third party sites are for convenience only, and no endorsement is implied.

01/17/2013 06:43 PM

Author Icon
Sysyphus
Peon

I've completely reinstalled Windows and the problem persists. Another idea?

Please...

01/20/2013 02:35 AM

Author Icon
kritikalerror
Peon

i would not suspect Dolphin emu.  i had an amd apu system doing the same thing out of the box...random lock ups..bsod..and system hangs...also drivers and updates very hard to install...upon trying to update drivers starting having serious video errors.  after installing correct video drivers win update still points me to an old video driver (this is common for win updates). also, if i install amd mainboard driver i always get a win update for sata...strange indeed.  and windows wants to tell you every thing along with other programs when the pc doesnt even work right out of the box.

one thing is for sure...you could maybe setup a prebuilt system so you have some sort of control over it and possibly have it working....

i dont get that any more, but i dont know what i fixed..you might try to update drivers and firmware where ever you can.  go through windows settings and check for odd auto starting bloat and preinstalled stuff that you dont know is there and will likely not use.  have a look at auto updates..from windows and any other pre installed stuff.  services.msc and startups etc. etc.  i use auto runs to keep most programs from telling ME what to do.  and look at task mgr make note of whats going on.  a computer should at least work out of the box shouldnt it?

..there is a reason why you adjust settings and clean a pre-built system..

not sure your exact problem, but good luck.

kritikalerror2000-here@yahoo.com

Edited: 01/20/2013 at 02:44 AM by kritikalerror
 01/22/2013 08:33 AM

Author Icon
Sysyphus
Peon

Hello community, 

I come back here to tell you that i apparently fixed out the problem. The problem seems to be the GPU driver: a few days ago a new driver update has been released and it fixed the issue. 

By the way, the drivers causing me the trouble were Catalyst Software Suite 12.8 and 12.10, while the new 13.10 is the working one. 

Thank you so much for your attention.

Statistics
87437 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.