Topic Title: Games lagging when played via HDMI
Topic Summary:
Created On: 01/15/2013 08:16 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 01/15/2013 08:16 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
mxdirector
Peon

Hello.

I have recently gotten a new tv and connected it up to my pc via a HDMI cable. Got it all working. For browsing the internet and watching video files it's fine. But boot up a 3D game and what may run at a fine framerate on my pc will lag  when played on my tv (philips).

I have no idea what is going on, any help?

My specs

Windows 7

8gb ram

Intel core i5-2500 cpu

ATI Raedeib HD 4800 (in device manager I also have Intel(R) HD Graphics)

Thank you.

01/15/2013 01:32 PM

Author Icon
Marc@AMD
Forum Moderator

Can you link us the online specification page for your particular Philips HDTV.  An online manual would be even better!

;Marc

-------------------------

AMD Customer Care

The information presented in this document is for informational purposes only and may contain technical inaccuracies, omissions and typographical errors. Links to third party sites are for convenience only, and no endorsement is implied.

01/15/2013 01:55 PM

Author Icon
mxdirector
Peon

http://www.scribd.com/doc/26793201/PHILIPS-LC7-2ELA

01/15/2013 03:17 PM

Author Icon
Marc@AMD
Forum Moderator

That link just exploded my web-browser.    It is coming up completely wonky!  Got a link from Philips site?

Can we at least confirm you have a Philips LC7-2ELA display?

;Marc

EDIT: Also noticed the part where you say you also have Intel HD Graphics listed in Device Manager?  Is this a laptop with Switchable Graphics?  If so, brand and model please.

I would venture to guess the issue may boil down to using the correct drivers for the system, and if the HDMI port is part of the low-power Intel, rather than the discrete card.

AMD Customer Care

The information presented in this document is for informational purposes only and may contain technical inaccuracies, omissions and typographical errors. Links to third party sites are for convenience only, and no endorsement is implied.

01/15/2013 03:36 PM

Author Icon
mxdirector
Peon

yes it seems to be that I do have a Philips LC7-2EL

The model number on the back is philips 32pfl5522d/05 

http://www.p4c.philips.com/files/3/32pfl5522d_05/32pfl5522d_05_pss_eng.pdf

I have a desktop and I have no idea if it has switchable graphics. How would I find that out?

I right clicked and checked for driver updates on almost everything in my device manager.

01/15/2013 04:26 PM

Author Icon
Marc@AMD
Forum Moderator

Is it a custom built desktop system, or a pre-built computer from an OE maker like HP or DELL.  If the later, just let us know the brand and model.  If you built the computer, let us know the brand and model of motherboard.

You should not have the Intel HD Graphics listed in Device Manager with a discrete HD4800 series video card installed.  You should work to ensure the drivers and software for the Intel are uninstalled, and that BIOS settings on your motherboard are set properly to utilize only the discrete video card in the PCI-E slot.

;Marc

AMD Customer Care

01/15/2013 04:55 PM

Author Icon
mxdirector
Peon

Hello.

Thank you for the speedy repiles.

it is custom built Gigabyte technology Z68AP-D3

http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3897#ov

I am relativly unaware about computer hardware, and would be pretty uncomfortable uninstalling drivers for my intel and changing bios without clear instructions.

01/15/2013 07:21 PM

Author Icon
mxdirector
Peon

A little update. I connected my my computer to my TV.

I disabled Intel HD Graphics in device manager.

The image from the TV disappeared and then when I activated it again it reappeared.

I have no idea what that means, but I thought it was worth mentioning.

01/15/2013 07:38 PM

Author Icon
stumped
Wizard

You can go to the Intel support site  http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Default.aspx  ...there is a 'Intel Driver Update Utility' that will scan your computer and offer updates if any. If avilable, the Intel graphics update is a breeze...just run it.

Intel I7 960 @ 3.87ghz *Intel DX58SO *HIS HD6970 2gb *Corsair TX650M *2x4gb Corsair XMS3 *WD Black 1TB *Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit ***Asus N71Jq laptop *Intel I7 720QM Processor *Mobility Radeon HD5730 1gb *8gb Ram *Windows 7 64bit ** Toshiba P75-A7200 * Intel I7-4700MQ * Windows 8.1 64bit

* A clear conscience is usually a sign of bad memory *

01/16/2013 03:19 AM

Author Icon
mxdirector
Peon

Thank you stumped.

I went to the site and apparently there was one update to download. I did so, but sadly it didn't work. Games still work when I play on my PC, but not when I play on my TV. Internet browsing and videos work fine on both.

01/16/2013 09:49 AM

Author Icon
Marc@AMD
Forum Moderator

You have an ATI Radeon HD4800.  Not to be confusing, but this is NOT an ATI or AMD Product.  Do you know the partner maker?  For example, XFX, Sapphire, MSI, etc..?  Do you also know if this is an HD4850 or HD4870?

Additionally, what specific outputs are provided on the back of it?  All your displays - monitor(s) and TV(s) MUST be connected to the HD4800 only.  You should contact Gigabyte (or just review the motherboard manual) on instructions to make sure the Intel onboard graphics is NOT being used by the computer, and its drivers and software are uninstalled.

The motherboard has a Z68 Intel chipset.  If there are any updates to it from Intel or Gigabyte be sure to install them too.  Once you are 100% only using the HD4800 video card, try a driver uninstall/install.

;Marc

AMD Customer Care

01/16/2013 07:07 PM

Author Icon
mxdirector
Peon

So I removed intel intergrated graphics. Now I am using ATI completely. trying to link up my TV but it does not detect that there is another monitor (tv in this case attached)

Any help detecting a second monitor?

01/17/2013 01:19 PM

Author Icon
Marc@AMD
Forum Moderator

Details, Details!  You naturally cannot 'remove' Integrated Graphics. So what exactly did you do to disable and/or uninstall it.

Detail for us exactly how you now have all your displays connected to the  video card. What is the video card too.

;Marc

AMD Customer Care

01/19/2013 06:52 PM

Author Icon
kritikalerror
Peon

you need to check for filters or image enhancers on your tv and turn them OFF or set to game mode.  also look to see the refresh rate of your tv.  and get a faster HDMI cable if nothing else.  Of course lower resolution if needes, install every thing correctly, get updates etc. 

I'm assuming there is a delay from your controls to what you see on the tv, since you said games worked on that system before connecting to tv.  is this correct?

if video card is installed and updated on-board graphics can be disabled via windows and in the BOIS *depending on mobo....

kritikalerror2000-here@yahoo.com
Statistics
86653 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.