Topic Title: Game not working after instaling updated software
Topic Summary:
Created On: 01/26/2013 04:38 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 01/26/2013 04:38 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
premacharya93
Peon

hello,

I was having Graphics card of nvidia quadro fx series. Games like prince of persia and burnout paradise were working at that time.

I replaced that card with AMD sapphire HD 5450. Installed its software. after that the games were working fine.

when i uninstalled my older nvidia drivers the games stopped working. i updated all the amd card drivers even though games are not working.

the error says d3dx9_37.dll is either not designed to run on windows or it contains an error

I applied all type of fixes for this dll error but still getting the same message.

01/26/2013 08:13 PM

Author Icon
TR1941
Peon

man I have the same card, and no games work with it. Made a thread but nobody has helped me

01/29/2013 11:21 AM

Author Icon
premacharya93
Peon

But these games were working even after installing this card.

They stopped working after unistalling nvidia drivers(I thought that they were of no use). Really disappointed with AMD's service.

01/30/2013 03:06 AM

Author Icon
-rascal-
Farming Materials

First off, this is a peer-to-peer forum. The people here are just like you and me.

Make sure ALL nVidia drivers / software is 100% removed. Install the latest drivers / software. They can be found on AMD's website.

http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx

d3dx9_37.dll is a Microsoft / Windows DirectX file...

-------------------------

Phenom II X6 1090T @ 4.1GHz FX-8350 @ 4.8GHz // ASUS Crosshair V Formula 990FX // Sapphire Radeon HD Dual-X 7970 @ 1150/1500 // Thermaltake Frio w/ push-pull (using Antec Formula 7 Nano-Diamond + Cooler Master JetFlo fans) // 8GB (2 X 4GB) G.Skill RipJawsX 2133MHz  // Corsair TX850 850W // Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD (OS) // Kingston V200+ 120GB SSD // WD Caviar Black 1TB // Windows 7 Ult x64

01/30/2013 10:15 AM

Author Icon
Marc@AMD
Forum Moderator

As -rascal- has mentioned, this is a peer-to-peer forum first and foremost.  If you wish to contact AMD's Customer Care, you are always welcome to.

http://support.amd.com/us/contacts/Pages/global-technical-support.aspx

As for trying to resolve the issue on the forums, I think your fellow forum members would appreciate more information.  What motherboard do you have, for example?  Perhaps you have removed nVidia chipset drivers!

What Operating System are you using?  There is a sticky that outlines what information you should be leading with in your original post.

;Marc

-------------------------

AMD Customer Care

The information presented in this document is for informational purposes only and may contain technical inaccuracies, omissions and typographical errors. Links to third party sites are for convenience only, and no endorsement is implied.

Statistics
84172 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 8 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.