Topic Title: 3D acceleration
Topic Summary: Problem with the small game of Bejeweled 3
Created On: 02/04/2013 02:50 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 02/04/2013 02:50 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
KaLLeMar77
Peon

I just built a new pc and most things work fine, but when I try to run Bejeweled 3, I just get the basic graphics and setting.  When I try to change them I get a message saying that my card doesn't meet the minimum requirements. I have a Radeon HD 7770 1GB card and I don't see why there would be a problem.  Any help would be great.

Asus M5A99FX Pro R2.0 MB

AMD 8 Core Processor Black Edition 3.5GHz

32GB DDR3 Ram

Radeon HD7770 Core Edition XFX 1GB

Thermaltake 700W Power supply

Windows 7 w/all updates

Edited: 02/04/2013 at 01:51 PM by KaLLeMar77
 02/05/2013 12:48 AM

Author Icon
Dinwiddie
Grinding Levels

Do you have other games installed and running properly ? If not -

Have you installed the graphics drivers for your card, Adobe Flash Player, and updated Direct X ?

Download details: DirectX End-User Runtime

Adobe - Install Adobe Flash Player

Adobe - Adobe Shockwave Player

AMD Graphics Drivers & Software – Download the latest drivers for your graphics products

02/05/2013 01:38 AM

Author Icon
KaLLeMar77
Peon

Yes, I do have other games installed and I don't have any problems with them, just Bejeweled 3.  I also have everything that you asked about installed and running fine.  I've even tried three other legacy drivers and got the same results.  Currently I have Catalyst 13.2 beta4 installed.  I also noticed that dxdiag is detecting my card wrong. It says I have a 2048MB card but its only a 1024MB.  It also says that DirectDraw Acceleration is Disabled and Direct3D Acceleration is Partially. 

It's amazing how the stupid little thing are frustrate you the most!

02/05/2013 02:20 PM

Author Icon
Marc@AMD
Forum Moderator

Bejeweled 3 can be a system resource-hog!  32gb may not be enough.  It varies, but it depends upon how many jewels are being bejeweled at any given time. 

Okay, I am just joking.  I hear your frustration, however.  The simplest game, and it is the one with the issue!  Can you provide a bit more detail:

> What other games have you tested? 
> What operating system?
> Is this from a clean reformat and install?  Has Bejeweled 3 not worked at all from the get-go?

I am not terribly familiar with the game, but doesn't it run through Facebook, or an Internet Browser?  If so, have you tried a different browser?

Can we confirm Dinwiddie's suggestions have been tried?

;Marc

-------------------------

AMD Customer Care

The information presented in this document is for informational purposes only and may contain technical inaccuracies, omissions and typographical errors. Links to third party sites are for convenience only, and no endorsement is implied.

02/06/2013 04:02 PM

Author Icon
Thanny
Alpha Geek

Bejeweled 3 is a stand-alone game which uses minimal 3D acceleration.  It doesn't play particularly well with Crossfire (so I disable it with RadeonPro), but has otherwise run fine with my previous 5970 and current 7970 setup.

The dxdiag results seem very relevant to me.  They should all say Enabled, with anything less indicating some kind of problem.  I would suggest uninstalling all AMD drivers, rebooting, then installing them again.

02/08/2013 11:54 AM

Author Icon
KaLLeMar77
Peon

Originally posted by: Marc@AMD

> What other games have you tested? 

>  What operating system?

> Is this from a clean reformat and install? 

Has Bejeweled 3 not worked at all from the get-go?

I have been playing Farcry 3 with all the settings on their highest available, and it runs perfect.  I'm using Win 7 with all available updates.

Bejeweled 3 works just not with all the nice graphics I'm use to.  It ran fine with my other computer with a nvidia 1GB card.  This one is a better quality card so I don't see why I'm having this problem.

I have recently found that the problem is with all Popcap games (the company that created the game).  Also my sons like to play and online game called Roblox.  This also comes up with a message that there is 0MB of ram on detected for video.

I have tried using different versions of drivers and used the AMD driver uninstaller in between each install to make sure that each one is a fresh driver install, but no luck.

02/08/2013 01:50 PM

Author Icon
Marc@AMD
Forum Moderator

Originally posted by: KaLLeMar77

I have been playing Farcry 3 with all the settings on their highest available, and it runs perfect. 

I have recently found that the problem is with all Popcap games (the company that created the game).  Also my sons like to play and online game called Roblox.  This also comes up with a message that there is 0MB of ram on detected for video.

I think these two points that you have brought up help to explain the root cause.  If FarCry 3 is playing perfectly, it suggests the OS, video card and drivers are all installed and functioning correctly. 

I suspect that Popcap may need to release a patch/fix for the game to resolve the issue.  Perhaps something in the programming that is having difficulty with the latest AMD hardware & drivers.  On that same note, however, there is maybe something AMD driver developers can do to work-around the issue.

With this in mind, use AMD's Issue Report Form for Catalyst 13.1, but also speak with Popcap for suggestions.

www.amd.com/report

;Marc

-------------------------

AMD Customer Care

The information presented in this document is for informational purposes only and may contain technical inaccuracies, omissions and typographical errors. Links to third party sites are for convenience only, and no endorsement is implied.

02/11/2013 02:14 PM

Author Icon
KaLLeMar77
Peon

This is what I have for a graphic card.

And this is what DxDiag says I have.  'First System', then 'Display'.

Currently I have Catalyst 13.2 beta4 installed.

Not sure what to make of it all.

03/07/2014 07:19 AM

Author Icon
badbod
Peon

Same problem here. Radeon 6670, 13.12 drivers, Windows 8.1 64bit.

POP-CAP claims it is a driver problem. Nvidia users had the same issue but was fixed with a driver update.

Now POP-CAP has hit humblebundle I guess we will be getting a lot more reports. This appears to affect all the games in that bundle.

Any fix much appreciated, but so far it seems everyone just wants to pass the buck?

The fix on STEAM forums does not work for latest AMD drivers. Worth AMD guys taking a look though so they can see how the problem was 'worked around' for previous AMD drivers, and Nvidia users before they had thier driver update.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/78000/discussions/0/864977564562612847/

Statistics
84712 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.