Topic Title: Wolfenstein Enemy Territory (OpenGL problems)
Topic Summary: Opengl32 problem
Created On: 03/10/2013 08:02 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 03/10/2013 08:02 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Unnk
Peon

Wolfenstein Enemy Territory  is a opengl32 game from years ago. It still has a pretty active player base though. I just recently installed this game after not playing it for 5-6 years. Upon trying to play the game I receive no errors. What actually happens is that the game launches just fine in proper native resolution, but displays no video output only sound is being outputed. After exhaustive troubleshooting of the application it self, the support team and I conclude the problem is with the current CCC driver not being able to output old Opengl32 applications properly. I tested this with running Zenfrag test and receiving the same problem(no video only sound). I current am running the 13.1 CCC drivers which are the most current. I tried rolling back my drivers to 12.8 and 12.6  and had no progress other than being able to see the model but not the textures in the Zenfrag test with the 12.6 drivers.  This still didnt solve the EnemyTerritory problem. As well it should be said that the program works just fine on my wifes pc, which is exactly like my current setup EXCEPT for the fact that its graphics adapter is a Nvidia Geforce 210 connected to a monitor via VGA.

My specs are as follows:

Windows XP SP3 Home

Radeon HD 6770 connected to a HDMI monitor

4g's of DDR2 RAM

Wolfdale e5550 CPU

13.1 CCC Drivers (openGL version 6.14.10.11927)

---------------------------------------------------------------------

I would love to be able to play this on my PC rather than being forced to take over my wife's PC in order to play.

Thank you!,

Sean

-------------------------

03/11/2013 09:51 PM

Author Icon
Thanny
Elite

Works fine here with a pair of 7970's using 12.11 beta 11.

03/12/2013 12:57 AM

Author Icon
Unnk
Peon

12.11  beta 11 drivers?   ill give it a shot with those set of drivers  

thank you thanny!

edit

looks like thats for 7,8 and vista only ill try to find a equivalent xp driver but thanks again ill update if it solves the problem

-------------------------

Statistics
81040 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 4 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.