Topic Title: Will AMD make driver update for Simcity?
Topic Summary:
Created On: 03/13/2013 01:35 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 03/13/2013 01:35 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
kenny8076
Peon

the game is absolutly unplayable, just BSOD over and over, cant even beging to play the game i paid for so im just wondering if anyone has heard anything on this? i just spoke to an EA chat person/robot and he said he would pass my concerns to the right department and had no time table for a fix. heres a short video of my problem along with thousands of others.

thank you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcgx985f-mQ

03/13/2013 02:19 PM

Author Icon
stumped
Stack Smasher

There is a search feature to this forum..if you would have used it you would have seen this post from 5 days ago...located just under your post  http://forums.amd.com/game/messageview.cfm?catid=443&threadid=164615&enterthread=y  so write to the game manufacturer to fix their game. It is a mess.

-------------------------

Intel I7 960 @ 3.87ghz *Intel DX58SO *HIS HD6970 2gb *Corsair TX650M *2x4gb Corsair XMS3 *WD Black 1TB *Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit *Gateway HD2401 24" 2ms 1920x1200  ***Asus N71Jq laptop *Intel I7 720QM Processor *Mobility Radeon HD5730 1gb *8gb Ram *Windows 7 64bit  

* A clear conscience is usually a sign of bad memory *

03/13/2013 04:06 PM

Author Icon
kenny8076
Peon

Originally posted by: stumped There is a search feature to this forum..if you would have used it you would have seen this post from 5 days ago...located just under your post  http://forums.amd.com/game/messageview.cfm?catid=443&threadid=164615&enterthread=y  so write to the game manufacturer to fix their game. It is a mess.

well that post didnt have anything to do with my question what so ever. I asked on an AMD forum if AMD was going to update a driver involving this game that anyone has heard yet. that post (im assuming yours) simply says

"Perfect example of a game that wasn't ready to be sold to the public. I'm surprised that there are no posts blaming the graphics card."

how in any way does that help me? my problem among thousands of others isnt server related, thats just one of many problems with that game, my problem is BSOD which after talking to EA chat today he questioned my driver for my GPU which lead me here. Alot of people cant even get past the welcome screen to even see HOW messed up the game is because you get rebooted.

so again, does anyone have any information on whether or not we can expect a driver update that will help with SimCity. And if that is not the problem does anyone have any suggestions on what the problem could be. As i have previously posted a video in the OP as you can see what a lot of people are going through.

thank you

03/13/2013 04:29 PM

Author Icon
Mime
Forum Moderator

One of the stickies at the top of this section has the procedure to follow for issues that are reproducible, and should be forwarded to the driver team.

However, there are many other causes for blue screens that are unrelated to drivers, so I wouldn't pin your hopes only on that especially with so many other problems around the launch of this game.

Do not meddle in the affairs of archers, for they are subtle and quick to anger.
Troll Hunter

The opinions expressed above do not represent those of Advanced Micro Devices or any of their affiliates.

03/13/2013 04:42 PM

Author Icon
kenny8076
Peon

Originally posted by: Mime One of the stickies at the top of this section has the procedure to follow for issues that are reproducible, and should be forwarded to the driver team.

However, there are many other causes for blue screens that are unrelated to drivers, so I wouldn't pin your hopes only on that especially with so many other problems around the launch of this game.

yes i saw that sticky but it is only for 13.1 driver, what if you are using 13.2 beta? i understand there could be other problems causing BSOD than driver, but from all information im gathering is that EA chat representatives are implying that it is driver/hardware issues. So i come to this forum simply asking if anyone has heard of any news or updates. the last two posts are acting as if im breaking rules or something. getting the run around here, from EA and Origin, just kind of getting old considering how much money we spend on these hardware products and games.

If Ea is suggesting its driver issues and Nvideo has already put out a driver update envolving updates for SimCity(which fixed the black screen they were getting using Nvidia cards) im simply curious if we can expect one from AMD in the near future that will fix the BSOD, IF infact that is the problem.

03/13/2013 04:55 PM

Author Icon
Mime
Forum Moderator

Why they don't have an issue report form for the beta drivers I'm not sure, but beta software in general might cause you trouble... that's why it's still called beta software.  If you've still got problems when using the 13.1 driver, then just report that instead.

I'm just a wielder of the Ban Hammer of Doom here on the forums... no idea if there's activity about this going on at AMD internally.

Sometimes getting the run around is standard practice on these sort of things, especially when one of the parties involved is having to give away free products because of a botched product launch... 

Do not meddle in the affairs of archers, for they are subtle and quick to anger.
Troll Hunter

The opinions expressed above do not represent those of Advanced Micro Devices or any of their affiliates.

03/13/2013 09:18 PM

Author Icon
stumped
Stack Smasher

On the 13.2 beta (whatever version) download page there is a report form..for the beta drivers.

http://www.amdsurveys.com/se.ashx?s=5A1E27D20B2F3F36

PS. Anybody remember when Rage was released?

Intel I7 960 @ 3.87ghz *Intel DX58SO *HIS HD6970 2gb *Corsair TX650M *2x4gb Corsair XMS3 *WD Black 1TB *Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit *Gateway HD2401 24" 2ms 1920x1200  ***Asus N71Jq laptop *Intel I7 720QM Processor *Mobility Radeon HD5730 1gb *8gb Ram *Windows 7 64bit  

* A clear conscience is usually a sign of bad memory *

03/16/2013 01:35 AM

Author Icon
AstroZombie
Peon

http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/AMDCatalyst13-3WINBetaDriver.aspx

Statistics
81035 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 3 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.