Topic Title: Dota 2 and WoW performance.
Topic Summary: Looking for some feedback about A10 processor and Dota 2|WoW.
Created On: 05/13/2013 03:08 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 05/13/2013 03:08 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
The_Dude
Peon

Greetings!

Since I got a new job last month I'm able to buy a new (low cost) desktop computer, to avoid playing any games with my laptop (Wich runs 90% of the time Linux).

The main thing is that I do not use to play "high end" games (Skyrim, Farcry, Battlefield, Crysis...), only Dota2 and sometimes World of Warcraft. Some time ago I had a Phenom II 955 with a Radeon 5770HD, but due to some problems I sold it; the thing is that those games (Dota and Warcraft) ran very nice in that setup but I cannot afford that kind of setup anymore.

I'm looking foward a 'Richland' A10 setup, using integrated graphic card. The only part I keep from my old setup is monitor (wich is 1080p) and my hard drive (A seagate, 1Tb; 32Mb Cache and x7.200 rpm), so that might help my 350-400€ budget.
At this moment my laptop runs with a Intel i5 480, 6GB DDR3 modules and Radeon HD6370m 512MB (Wich gives me lots of headaches, don't know what acer did but I can't even install catalyst, ironically linux's drivers are far better than windows').

That been said, with my actual setup I can run Dota 2 (Mid settings, mid render and ~730p) at 30-35 Fps wich is nice but everything looks choppy and makes me feel sad, sometimes, hehe.
On the other hand, World of Warcraft runs at 20-30FPS at 'good' (medium) preset, wich isn't bad because nowadays I use to play solo, but prevents me joining big groups of players without placing even lower presets.

My mayor problem is that when I run those games with those presets, my computer starts to heat up and the fan goes crazy fast, wich makes me worry about 'burning' my laptop, since I can't buy a new one. (And I know laptops are not usually ment for playing games)

Impliying my new setup will use a new 'Richland' APU, wich is supposed to be better in everything that 'Trinity' A10, and 8Gb DDR3 at 1866mhz. My question is:

Does a 'Trinity' A10 setup run those games at least like my laptop (Or better)? Or should I keep my money until I can get a better desktop setup to run those games nice?

Thanks in advance,

The Dude (abides). 

Statistics
84651 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 4 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.