Topic Title: Driver crashes when playing with Mafia II
Topic Summary: The driver freezes sometimes while running Mafia II, but never gets recovered
Created On: 05/19/2013 09:52 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 05/19/2013 09:52 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
sanyigz
Peon

Hi

I have an Ati Radeon hd3850, i was playing Mafia II with it(on windows 7 64bit), since it was released. Those days it ran perfectly, except that it frequently made the amd display drivers crash(as i read it was quite common with all ATI/AMD cards), but 10 seconds later it always got recovered, as written in the tray message.

But since last year, after a driver update these crashes were become rare, but when it happens, the driver is NOT recovered, so the graphics freezes and i can't do anything except to press the reset button...

When this happens the OS isn't freezes, only the graphics, as i can see the continous HDD, and LAN activity on the leds, also i can ping my PC from another computer, and i can connect to it by remote desktop (however after the connection made and filled the log in details, the desktop isn't appears, probably because of the graphics system is frozen), and use it's server functions that are not connected to graphics(for example the UPNP media server).

So why not the driver recovery works now? Can i restart it manually?

By the way this problem never happens with other games.

Edited: 05/19/2013 at 10:08 AM by sanyigz
Statistics
84837 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 3 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.