Topic Title: No Scaling Options
Topic Summary:
Created On: 08/05/2013 12:26 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 08/05/2013 12:26 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Kynnal
Peon

Hey, so, I just recieved my new 1920x1080p monitor. I noticed something strange with it, though, the image didn't extend to the edge of the monitor, like so:

It does this both hooked up to my PC, and on my PS3. My PC is hooked up with DVI, my PS3 with HDMI. 

I've googled it a bit, apparently there's supposed to be scaling options there to eliminate this problem, but mine doesn't have that option.

I've tried going to a lower resolution to change that option, but it doesn't make it stretch. I've also gone into the hdtv options to try and select 1920x1080p60, which no change. So, how do I fix this?

Edited: 08/08/2013 at 11:38 AM by AMD Support and Game Moderator
 08/08/2013 11:42 AM

Author Icon
Marc@AMD
Forum Moderator

Kynnal, I removed the pictures from your post because they were quite large and forced scrolling around.  I do thank you for posting them, however, because it helped to understand issue.

You have your ACER display connected via DVI to the computer.  GPU Scaling in the Vision Engine Control Center (VECC) functions for when you are running that ACER display at less than it's native resolution.

Scaling (different from GPU Scaling) is available in the VECC when the display is connected via HDMI cable and is set to its native resolution.

I can understand why you want the Acer connected via DVI.  I would recommend that too, and as you noted you have the PS3 on HDMI.  Within the Acer's On-Screen-Dislay (OSD) menu, you may find a auto-adjust, or zoom, or scaling setting.  Check the manual for the display.

;Marc

-------------------------

AMD Customer Care

The information presented in this document is for informational purposes only and may contain technical inaccuracies, omissions and typographical errors. Links to third party sites are for convenience only, and no endorsement is implied.

08/08/2013 12:13 PM

Author Icon
Kynnal
Peon

For the monitor, I do see options in the monitor's menu for positioning, but it will not let me change them, it just jumps the cursor over the options. There was an option to change the wide mode, between aspect and full, but this did not change anything. I tried connecting my PC via HDMI as well, and had the scaling options- but it would not let me go any further. I could underscale it, but I could not go any further out. I'll look further into the monitor's settings, and hopefully find a way to fix it.

08/09/2013 04:42 PM

Author Icon
George@AMD
Nerfed

I am sorry if this doesn’t help as I was not able to view the screenshots before they were removed.

For DVI connections I would like you to follow this guide to help fix the scaling.

http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/UnableToSetGPUScaling.aspx

For HDMI connections I would like you to follow this guide.

http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/GPU72ResDoesNotMatchDesktop.aspx

If the options are not available in the VECC or CCC then ensure that you are on advanced view. If it’s still not present then I would recommend reinstalling the driver and the software just to ensure everything was installed properly.

-------------------------

AMD Customer Care
The information presented in this document is for informational purposes only and may contain technical inaccuracies, omissions and typographical errors. Links to third party sites are for convenience only, and no endorsement is implied

Statistics
84181 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 8 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.