Topic Title: 2012 Most Wanted - Trick to improve performance
Topic Summary: Little trick I have found that dramatically improves performance in NFS Most Wanted 2012
Created On: 08/12/2013 04:53 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 08/12/2013 04:53 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
totesmuhgoats
Peon

So I have been playing NFS: Most Wanted (2012) a lot lately and I have noticed that when I launch the game there is noticable stutter and the fps drops below 30.

However, if I alt+tab out, or alt+enter out making the game windowed, and then alt+enter the performance improves considerably even if I alt+enter back to fullscreen mode. After this my fps is nearly always quite high, with a minimum fps of 30 - 35 with everything maxed out (except super sampling which is disabled). This is true on my 7870.

The same was true on my 5770 which I used before, except I could not run the game on the maxed settings.

I'm posting this for 2 reasons.

1. To help others that might feel their game is unplayable, as I did for the longest time.

2. To see if I can get an answer as to why. I tried this game on a gtx 760 briefly and it seemed to perform better on my 7870 after the fullscreen trick, but the gtx 760 didn't need the fullscreen toggle to run smoothly. Could this be an AMD driver issue?

08/31/2013 06:05 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
totesmuhgoats
Peon

I have upgraded my CPU recently, it turned out my Phenom II 955 was bottlenecking my 7870 although I never would have thought so. With my new CPU the game runs smooth as butter. There is a little bit of jerkiness, though it is solved by the same trick above of windowing the game and then making it fullscreen again or leaving it windowed.

Statistics
88952 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 4 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.