Topic Title: Crashing Applications
Topic Summary: The current driver causes applications to crash.
Created On: 09/09/2013 09:52 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 09/09/2013 09:52 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Taiphoz
Peon

Raptr an IM tool, Windows Live Movie Maker, and Firefox the web Broweser, all seem to be doing something graphically that the graphics driver hates and it crashes them all instantly.

If I install the beta drivers, and I think the most upto date drivers then these 3 tools work " FOR THAT SESSION ONLY " as soon as the PC goes through a restart they all crash again.

At the moment I am having to go through the increadibly annoying proceses of re-installing my gfx driver every time I turn the PC on just so I can browse the web, use my IM tool to talk to friends and track my games and edit my gameplay videos.

Of all the tools this bug could bother , it has to be three tools that I really need.

Can you please take a look at this, I know other people are having the dame issues just by looking at the raptr forums, and fire fox although im not sure they have figured it out as the current drivers for their GFX card.

09/09/2013 03:05 PM

Author Icon
Drace85
Peon

Had the same problem. Turned out, it was caused by adobe flash elements. I resolved this problem by reinstalling all adobe software with the newest version.

How ever the latest beta driver v13.10 does caus my graphics driver to crash at random moments. However for me it does recover automaticly, but leaves most applications with a black or white screen(need to restart the application to fix this)

09/09/2013 04:10 PM

Author Icon
Taiphoz
Peon

Sadly this is not the issue with me. I took out flash and adobe software, restarted pc, tried software it crashed, installed new versions of flash tried software again it still crashed.

This is so annoying, is there any way I can get hold of an older version of the driver ? because this bug was not present in that previous version that I can recall.

Statistics
84659 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 5 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.