Topic Title: Stuttering HD TV recordings on Windows Media Center
Topic Summary:
Created On: 09/09/2013 07:36 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 09/09/2013 07:36 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
propwash
Peon

I built a new MCE box a few months ago with AMD kit and it has been problematic frorm day one.

My biggest problem is that HD TV broadcasts stutter like mad. It's driving me crazy. There a dropped frames all over the place. 

Let me clarify what it is not:

• It is not a 50/60Hz issue. The TV is replayingv UK video at 50Hz.
  • It is not the recordings or TV signal - the files play fine on an (Intel) laptop connected to the TV or through the MCE extender on the 360.
  • I don't believe it is my incompetence - I have had MCE boxes for nearly 10 years now and I know my way around them.

My build is Windows 7 64 with an AMD A10-5800. It's on an Aus F2A85-M motherboard with 8 gigs of RAM. I am using the onboard HDMI video.

However I have been able to try a different make of motherboard and it's doing it on that too - with a completely clean Win 7 build.

Everything worked perfectly on my previous AMD (Athlon 64 x2) system - and it still does, but I gave it away. In fact yesterday I tried the video card (Radeon something) from that machine in this one and the problem still presents itself. 

I have tried changing all of the video settings within the AMD Vision control options - deinterlacing etc - in case something is causing this problem. To no avail.

However I have tonight stuck an nvidia graphics card in the machine and through it, video plays fine. So it's an AMD issue.

I bought an A10-5800 for its onboard graphics ability; I don't want to have to buy another vendor's graphics card to do the job of the APU.

What options do I have? I am guessing it's a driver issue.

Thanks

Statistics
86379 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 6 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.