Topic Title: Battlefield 4 - Non paged memory leak
Topic Summary: Memory leak causes game stutter / crash
Created On: 10/31/2013 03:58 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Previous Next Last unread
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 12/19/2013 10:05 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Xman63
Peon

After installing the 13.12 wqhl drivers( which didn't show cat ver number in properties), I was able to play 2 hours last night without a sound loop crash or memory leak in BF4 . This was still using the 32 bit exe. I will try the 64 bit tonight to see how that goes. Maybe the win 8/8.1 issue is resolved

12/19/2013 10:23 AM

Author Icon
thecodemonk
Peon

Originally posted by: Xman63 After installing the 13.12 wqhl drivers( which didn't show cat ver number in properties), I was able to play 2 hours last night without a sound loop crash or memory leak in BF4 . This was still using the 32 bit exe. I will try the 64 bit tonight to see how that goes. Maybe the win 8/8.1 issue is resolved

It is not fixed. It may be limited to just certain maps/game types, but it is NOT fixed with this driver. I played Lancang Dam then rotated to Silk Road and 5 minutes into Silk Road had 15.2 of 16 gig used and had to reboot. This was while using 32-bit mode and in Windows 7 compatibility mode. 

I ran DDU after uninstalling the beta drivers to make sure it was a clean, fresh driver install too.

12/19/2013 11:26 AM

Author Icon
Xman63
Peon

Originally posted by: thecodemonk
Originally posted by: Xman63 After installing the 13.12 wqhl drivers( which didn't show cat ver number in properties), I was able to play 2 hours last night without a sound loop crash or memory leak in BF4 . This was still using the 32 bit exe. I will try the 64 bit tonight to see how that goes. Maybe the win 8/8.1 issue is resolved [IMG][/IMG]

It is not fixed. It may be limited to just certain maps/game types, but it is NOT fixed with this driver. I played Lancang Dam then rotated to Silk Road and 5 minutes into Silk Road had 15.2 of 16 gig used and had to reboot. This was while using 32-bit mode and in Windows 7 compatibility mode. 

I ran DDU after uninstalling the beta drivers to make sure it was a clean, fresh driver install too.

Crap. I was hoping. I didn't hit that map last night so maybe it is certain one's . By the way, does your driver properties show the cat version? Mine doesn't even have it listed, but all the other info is correct

12/19/2013 03:44 PM

Author Icon
WoodroweBones
Peon

Originally posted by: Xman63
Originally posted by: Xman63 After installing the 13.12 wqhl drivers( which didn't show cat ver number in properties), I was able to play 2 hours last night without a sound loop crash or memory leak in BF4 . This was still using the 32 bit exe. I will try the 64 bit tonight to see how that goes. Maybe the win 8/8.1 issue is resolved [IMG][/IMG]

13.12 is just a certificed version of the 13.11 beta 5 so same issue. When the next beta comes out I'll get my hopes up again

Crap. I was hoping. I didn't hit that map last night so maybe it is certain one's . By the way, does your driver properties show the cat version? Mine doesn't even have it listed, but all the other info is correct

12/20/2013 02:27 AM

Author Icon
dice1965
Peon

wtf    i have a 6970 on win 7 64 bit  , the dam game crashes within 5 minutes , my son is pissed ,  my other son has a new r270x with 13.12 an it runs fine , 13.12 does not install right on my sons 6970 , sick of this sht

12/21/2013 07:14 PM

Author Icon
xillius200
Peon

Another fix for some : just close the game once the scores come up and then reconnect to the server each time the match ends try it works for me and a forum full of others XD

The memory leak only occurs for me when the map changes between matches. 

PS: Don't get mad at AMD lol takes two to get the code working together in cases like this lol and it's a massive issue for most with just bf4....simply ea/dice should not have released the game or stopped production knowing issues were being posted on forum sicne day 1 plus..unlike AMD saying they are trying to work on a fix..ea/dice are just saying it's not a priority...

12/23/2013 06:34 AM

Author Icon
carbonic
Peon

This is still a problem with the 13.12 drivers. I repeat, the latest game patches or drivers have NOT SOLVED the problem.

Just writing it because AMD "technical support" is telling me I have to notify you over and over because unless I do that you magicly think the errror has solved itself by itself :/

So if anyone is out there, go to http://www.amdsurveys.com/se.ashx?s=5A1E27D25AD12B4F and report your problem. The more that do so apparently directly correspond to how fast this will be solved.

12/27/2013 08:21 PM

Author Icon
thecodemonk
Peon

Just played with the 13.9 drivers in 64 bit mode. Memory leak on Lancang Dam. I played on operation locker all night last night and never had an issue. Switched tonight from locker to lancang and started to stutter half way through the round. Had to end task on bf4 to get it back to windows. 14 gig of 16 gig taken... 

FIX THIS AMD! IT'S BEEN 2 MONTHS!!! Both you and DICE have KNOWN about this all along! It's time to own up and do the right thing!!!

12/30/2013 11:50 AM

Author Icon
drypulse
Peon

Originally posted by: thecodemonk FIX THIS AMD! IT'S BEEN 2 MONTHS!!! Both you and DICE have KNOWN about this all along! It's time to own up and do the right thing!!!

yea, obviously neither company gives a damn about this issue

12/30/2013 01:10 PM

Author Icon
WMudrockJr
Overclocker

Your comments are just off, the game plays fine on my system, so explain that. I use 13.12 and have no issues at all with great game play.

You want to blame somebody it is Dice and EA for rushing to get this game out. Beta testing just didn't uncover errors or the beta crowd was just not right. 

I bet every other game you have works so one doesn't make sure to supply EA, Dice and AMD with details and not attitude.

-------------------------

AMD A10-5800K, XFX 7850 Ultra OC Edition 975MHz, 16GB RAM, Win 8.1 Pro 64 bit, MSI 7778 motherboard, 500W PSU, HP P7-1235, CCC 13.12 WHQL

12/30/2013 01:25 PM

Author Icon
Xman63
Peon

Originally posted by: WMudrockJr Your comments are just off, the game plays fine on my system, so explain that. I use 13.12 and have no issues at all with great game play.

You want to blame somebody it is Dice and EA for rushing to get this game out. Beta testing just didn't uncover errors or the beta crowd was just not right. 

I bet every other game you have works so one doesn't make sure to supply EA, Dice and AMD with details and not attitude.

You don't have a 5000 or 6000 series card.  These seem to be the most affected . I do and can vouch for the other two posters as for the existence of this problem. For me, running the 32 bit exe in win 8 compatibility can put it off but it still occurs. The 13.9 wqhl drivers didn't exhibit this issue for me, just kept getting a red screen . Maybe the leak would also occur then as well but the red screen was a hard lock so I couldn't tell.

12/30/2013 04:20 PM

Author Icon
thecodemonk
Peon

Originally posted by: WMudrockJr Your comments are just off, the game plays fine on my system, so explain that. I use 13.12 and have no issues at all with great game play.

You have a 78xx series card. It's been mentioned over and over again that it affects the 58xx and 68xx series.

I will blame the people that CAN fix this issue, AMD. It's their driver.

I have provided details to EA, DICE, and AMD MANY MANY times and not ONCE has anyone acknowledged it. I'm done being nice about it. I've been nice for MONTHS.

12/30/2013 05:53 PM

Author Icon
WMudrockJr
Overclocker

Well that is to bad, but this is a user forum try contacting AMD directly and see how it goes. Anything I have reported generally get addressed in the next beta or whql.

-------------------------

AMD A10-5800K, XFX 7850 Ultra OC Edition 975MHz, 16GB RAM, Win 8.1 Pro 64 bit, MSI 7778 motherboard, 500W PSU, HP P7-1235, CCC 13.12 WHQL

12/31/2013 08:13 AM

Author Icon
thecodemonk
Peon

Originally posted by: WMudrockJr Well that is to bad, but this is a user forum try contacting AMD directly and see how it goes. Anything I have reported generally get addressed in the next beta or whql.

And what part of:

I have provided details to EA, DICE, and AMD MANY MANY times and not ONCE has anyone acknowledged it. I'm done being nice about it. I've been nice for MONTHS.

Do you not understand? I don't come to the forums first and start complaining. That's the last step.

Before being an AMD apologetic, try reading first.

01/03/2014 11:41 AM

Author Icon
WoodroweBones
Peon

Well... as expected I got an AMD GPU for Xmas... however I am not opening it until I see if this is addressed. The one I got isnt affected but if this isnt resolved shortly I am going to take it back and go Nvidia on principle alone

01/03/2014 06:34 PM

Author Icon
Xman63
Peon

Originally posted by: WoodroweBones Well... as expected I got an AMD GPU for Xmas... however I am not opening it until I see if this is addressed. The one I got isnt affected but if this isnt resolved shortly I am going to take it back and go Nvidia on principle alone

I don't blame you one bit. My next card will be Nvidia . I used  several before getting a 4870 some years back. Most  of my friends have Nvidia gpus of varying models and none have had the issues that I and the other couple with amd gpus have had.

01/03/2014 08:24 PM

Author Icon
thecodemonk
Peon

Originally posted by: WoodroweBones Well... as expected I got an AMD GPU for Xmas... however I am not opening it until I see if this is addressed. The one I got isnt affected but if this isnt resolved shortly I am going to take it back and go Nvidia on principle alone

Do yourself a favor and return it immediately. I would not wait. Both dice and amd have known about this issue since release and won't even acknowledge the reports of it regardless of how they have been reported.

01/04/2014 02:42 PM

Author Icon
drypulse
Peon

Do yourself a favor and return it immediately. I would not wait. Both dice and amd have known about this issue since release and won't even acknowledge the reports of it regardless of how they have been reported.

^^ this. i'll never be buying and amd again after this bullshit. 

01/04/2014 06:19 PM

Author Icon
Wildebeest
Peon

Same here. Been an "AMD guy" for at least 10 years. 

I will never buy another AMD product. Thanks for the great customer service AMD!

[edit] Oh, and just let me quote this bullshit one more time from back on Nov. 5th so no one forgets:

I know that AMD is aware of this memory-leak issue in Battlefield 4, and it is being addressed at the highest priority possible.

;Marc

01/06/2014 07:55 PM

Author Icon
thecodemonk
Peon

Bump. Need answers AMD.

AMD Support and Game » Games and Applications Help » Battlefield 4 - Non paged memory leak

<< 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Previous Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
87611 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.