Topic Title: Battlefield 4 - Non paged memory leak
Topic Summary: Memory leak causes game stutter / crash
Created On: 10/31/2013 03:58 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 4 5 6 7 Previous Last unread
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 02/01/2014 08:58 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
BF2_SCARAB
Peon

Codemonk - Since I re-enabled the Origin In Game setting, I haven't had one memory leak, or DirectX error/crash. I do recall occasionally seeing up to 4 or 5 sub windows popping up from Origin, which I thought very odd, but never really paid much attn to.  I just closed them.  I may have turned off Origin In Game around the 13th or 14th of January when that patch was released.

I hope one of those recommendations works for you codemonk.  I'll stay subscribed to the thread, but no point coming back to post unless there's a question.  I've played quite a few hours now, not one issue.

The thread below from EA is the one that changed my life after struggling with memory leakage and DirectX errors for more than 2 weeks.  Good luck all.

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Battlefield-4/Direct-X-Function-error-Solutions-Compilation/td-p/1741229

Edited: 02/04/2014 at 07:30 AM by BF2_SCARAB
 02/01/2014 09:09 PM

Author Icon
stumped
Stack Smasher

Originally posted by: BF2_SCARAB Codemonk - Since I re-enabled the Origin In Game setting, I haven't had one memory leak, or DirectX error/crash. I do recall occasionally seeing up to 4 or 5 sub windows popping up from Origin, which I thought very odd, but never really paid much attn to.  I just closed them.  I may have turned off Origin In Game around the 13th or 14th of January when that patch was released.

I hope one of those recommendations works for you codemonk.  I'll stay subscribed to the thread, but no point coming back to post unless there's a question.  I've played quite a few hours now, not one issue.

The thread below from EA is the one that changed my life after struggling with memory leakage and DirectX errors for more than 2 weeks.  Good luck all.

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Battlefield-4/BF4-DirectX-Error-GetDeviceRemovedReason/td-p/1915085

I hope this works for everybody..I am sure there will be that 1-2 swear that it doesn't. Just like they swore this was a AMD issue. Haven't heard from them lately. Which is good.

-------------------------

Intel I7 960 @ 3.87ghz *Intel DX58SO *HIS HD6970 2gb *Corsair TX650M *2x4gb Corsair XMS3 *WD Black 1TB *Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit *Gateway HD2401 24" 2ms 1920x1200  ***Asus N71Jq laptop *Intel I7 720QM Processor *Mobility Radeon HD5730 1gb *8gb Ram *Windows 7 64bit  

* A clear conscience is usually a sign of bad memory *

02/03/2014 12:28 PM

Author Icon
Xman63
Peon

Originally posted by: thecodemonk I disabled origin in game, but honestly I don't remember when I did it. I don't remember if I did it before testing this last time or if I did it after I tested and had the memory leak. I will try it again...

Have not seen an update so I will post this for you in case you are interested: they are seeking volunteers.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1457812/do-you-suffer-from-the-bf4-memory-leak-issue

02/04/2014 01:44 AM

Author Icon
Wildebeest
Peon

Checked to see if I had disabled origin in game, but I had not so that's not the solution for me.

Also installed The Old Republic today and am having the same issue where memory usage climbs to 99% and is not released after closing the program.

02/04/2014 07:31 AM

Author Icon
BF2_SCARAB
Peon

Originally posted by: Wildebeest Checked to see if I had disabled origin in game, but I had not so that's not the solution for me.

I pasted the wrong link, so the post above has been edited.  Be sure to check the new page I'm posting there, and here. 

I would still run through each step, it can't hurt. 

I'd probably disable the Origin In Game setting, then sign out and exit, followed by starting Origin, and enabling it again.  The other steps would not be a bad idea either.

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Battlefield-4/Direct-X-Function-error-Solutions-Compilation/td-p/1741229

02/04/2014 07:19 PM

Author Icon
plunderclat
Peon

"I have found a fix for the crashing on the R9 290x!!!!!!! (well one of a few things fixed it but I'm sure of which one did it!!!! in windows goto your RUN box and type 'msconfig' and click on the start up tap. Look for the catalyst control centre and UNCHECK that box. you don't want that loading up on boot.  run the game.

Please let me know how that fairs, and if it didn't work, its' likely to be one of the hardware managers that you have installed, because the other things I deselected for bootup was anything to do with the motherboard software (i use the m5a9xx EVO R.2.0 and there were a few monitors installed with this)

Really hope this helps someone because it has been my absolute bain since i installed 14.1 and used mantle.

I have done a few things to get it to crash so that I didn't waste your time such as - ran every map, tabbed out of game and ran hardware monitors, used my browser etc. nothing has caused the game to crash since I carried out the *above* steps.

So pleased bf4 runs so nice now lol

(btw if you're using an intel processor, disable the on board gpu)"

Follow the above and then Re-enable page file and set it to match your G/card ram i.e. 4gb.

in RUN/SEARCH type 'configure advanced sytem settings' and go to 'Advanced/performance and click on the settings tab within the performance window. when in the setting for performance, click the 'advanced tab, and in the 'Virtual Memeory' box click 'Change!...

Tbh simply clicking the 'System manged size' option before clicking 'Set' worked for me.

Good luck.

GIGABYTE R9 290x - AMD FX 8350 black edition - 8gb corsair vengeance 1866mhz - Samsung 840 pro 240gb x2 - 750w 50A single rail CoolerMaster psu - m5a99x evo R2.0.

No O/C!
 02/07/2014 07:55 PM

Author Icon
thecodemonk
Peon

I haven't posted an update because I gave up. I'm waiting to do my taxes to see how much money I will have to invest in nvidia.

Why couldn't a rep contact us on THEIR OWN FORUM? Why did they seek volunteers over there? That's just insanity right there....

02/07/2014 09:30 PM

Author Icon
WMudrockJr
Overclocker

Buckets

AMD A10-5800K, XFX 7850 Ultra OC Edition 975MHz, 16GB RAM, Win 8.1 Pro 64 bit, MSI 7778 motherboard, 500W PSU, HP P7-1235, CCC 13.12 WHQL

02/09/2014 09:22 AM

Author Icon
ghettofish
Peon

So far this is what I have done to try and figure out this problem.

http://superuser.com/questions/714146/windows-8-1-non-paged-pool-ati-6950-memory-leak

Really sucks if this will result in a new gfx card when I don't feel I need the hardware upgrade. :/

02/10/2014 06:07 AM

Author Icon
Ferguson
Peon

Exactly the same problem when playing Call of Duty Ghosts on the HD 7870. Wrote a message in support of AMD - a complete disregard for the problem.

02/10/2014 12:13 PM

Author Icon
Ferguson
Peon

By the way, driver v. 14.1 beta 1.6 is still not solved the problem with a memory leak in the Call of Duty Ghosts. I do not know, they will fix anything, but I do know that AMD no longer receive from me a penny. Now only Nvidia.

02/16/2014 05:31 PM

Author Icon
thecodemonk
Peon

Bump. Still an issue.

02/19/2014 12:04 PM

Author Icon
BF2_SCARAB
Peon

For what it's worth, there are a ton of players with both AMD and NVidia experiencing these issues. The BF4 forums are full of posts.

The patch released about a week ago created the dreaded DirectX crash again.  I revisited the original fixes, but didn't confirm overclocking settings.  I went through the following steps, not sure which one or combination worked, but I was able to play BF4 2nd Assault last night for several hours.  My best guess is the overclocking issue again, found it was turned off after almost 2 days of testing.

Check for new MB bios, no update
Run Task Manager to check for memory leak, join game, deploy, crash, no memory leak.
Device manager, find Display adapter, delete, reboot, play crash
Installed new beta driver from AMD, reboot, play, crash.
Uninstalled beta, reinstalled latest standard driver, reboot, play, crash
Using AMD Catalyst, cut down screen rez to 1680, reboot, play, crash
Reset screen rez back to 2048, reboot, play, crash
Join server, get into game, set video from Full Screen to Windowed, deploy, crash
Join server, get into game, set video from Windowed back to Full Screen, deploy, crash
Join server, get into game dumb down all video settings to LOW, turned off last 3 settings
Test connection in BF4 menu, shows 120 FPS capable, settings on MED tests at 80FPS.
ENABLE Origin In Game setting, Close Origin, Restart, join, crash
Uninstall Origin, reboot.
ReInstall Origin, reboot, DISABLE Origin In Game, join, play, crash
Download and install legacy DirectX, reboot, join game, crash
Confirm 1600 memory is slowed down, setting forces memory to run at 1333
Catalyst - change various GPU default settings, reboot, join, crash.
Catalyst - discovered OC turned off now.  OC'd the GPU, bump perf 10%, reboot, play, no crash, played for several hours.

The overclocking, which was part of my original success was turned off somewhere along the line. When I discovered it, I turned it back on. Makes absolutely no sense to me, took 2 days of trial and error.

02/28/2014 11:33 PM

Author Icon
thecodemonk
Peon

Still having the memory leak issue after the latest patch and beta 14.2 drivers in x64 mode.

Submitted the report.

03/19/2014 06:42 PM

Author Icon
carbonic
Peon

The new 14.3 beta driver solved nothing.

03/31/2014 01:11 PM

Author Icon
Feland
Peon

Same !

Battlefield 4 fill full momory after map rechange.

I use poolmon.exe, and see, what driver atikmdag.sys fill memory after rechachange map! How fix it ?

I have ATI Radeon HD 5770, and latest beta driver!

04/12/2014 06:35 AM

Author Icon
Feland
Peon

why no answers? problem will be solved?

Statistics
81010 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.