Topic Title: C&C Renegade Alpha Blending Issue
Topic Summary: Alpha Blending issue gone pixelated.
Created On: 11/03/2013 11:52 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 11/03/2013 11:52 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
ImpKaskins
Peon

Graphic Card Asus: Asus R9 280x 3GB TOP II Matrix

AMD Catalyst Driver :amd_catalyst_13.11_betav8

Issue : I notice when I was playing Renegade with this new graphic card there is a problem with the alpha blend issue on the water. There is no problem when I was using Asus Ati 4850 512mb and Asus Ati 5850 1GB.

Motherboard : Asus P9x79 Pro Motherboard

Power Supply : 750 Watts cooler master GX series

Monitor : Asus 24 Inch LCD ( Forget the model name )

Games : Command & Conquer Renegade, Renegade Level Editor and Westwood 3D Viewer.

C&C Renegade Tiberian Technology Patch 4.0.0 Beta 3

System Memory : Hyper-X 16GB Ram Kingston DDR 3 1600

I just got a new Asus R9 280x TOP II Matrix 3GB to replace my old Asus ATI 5850 1GB Card. The first thing I open is C&C renegade and I notice that one of my maps there is a water alpha blend issue. I am not sure what is causing it but my previous card do not have this issue.

Here is the close up view. You see the river there is sme pixelated problem happen around the river.

I manage to take a picture of my map work back like few months ago before I got this new card the river suppose to be like this on the top right corner that is the river.

About C&C Renegade uses W3D ( Westwood3D engine ) which it was last updated back in 2002, but now there is a team trying to make Renegade better by giving a community patch.

Adding on, I also want to report a 2nd issue. I am not sure if this is the driver or the something. When ever I start up my PC, my graphic card fan begin to run full speed and I check at the CCC I notice that the card activity is running 99% when I am doing nothing.

I did uninstall the CCC and I restart my PC nothing happen. When if I install CCC and if I have internet connection my card will run 99% activity and i can see the teamperature rising.

But if I restart my PC and my screen enter the window without any internet connection my card runs normal. This happen almost like a year and I tought it was a graphic card issue so I decided to change. Most of the time it happens.

Statistics
88802 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.