Topic Title: Pretty low fps in counter strike global offensive
Topic Summary:
Created On: 11/04/2013 03:56 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 11/04/2013 03:56 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
daddy91
Peon

hi

I recently i bought a gigabyte r9 270x video card cause i thought it will fix my fps issues in counter strike global offensive but it didnt. I can not reach 250fps at all and my gpu usage is always under 30% so is my cpus usage is pretty low and the game is just laggy as hell and sometimes i have like 60-80fps at all. And i had the same issues with my old video card. (gigabyte gtx 660)

My gpu usage is pretty low so is my cpus. (gpu: ~20-30%, cpu: ~20%)

I reinstalled my windows/games/old drivers/new drivers even i tried to use 8.1 and overclocked my cpu and gpu too but it didnt help at all.

Motherboard: Asrock 970 extreme3
Psu: fsp hexa 500
Cpu: amd fx 8320 (http://valid.canardpc.com/s57hkl)(I have the same issues without the cpu overclock too)
Gpu: gigabyte r9 270x

After all my question are the following:

What is the cause of the problem? What should i do? If i change my motherboard to a better one will it fix this?

Thanks

11/08/2013 11:11 AM

Author Icon
daddy91
Peon

Thank you so begin helpfull.

Serious its called "Games and Applications Help" then why the ***** nobody can answer to this?
Oh yeah you are too busy but you can answer to all this *****bf4 topic.

Congrat for you guys seriously.

My 97yo grandma can be more helpfully then you.

11/08/2013 02:53 PM

Author Icon
WMudrockJr
Overclocker

Well first we will need the information that is detailed in the Sticky Read Before Posting. So please read it supply all of this information so us ***** nobodies can give advise.

Just a few things like is your BIOS up todate, but I don't know that.

-------------------------

AMD A10-5800K, XFX 7850 Ultra OC Edition 975MHz, 16GB RAM, Win 8.1 Pro 64 bit, MSI 7778 motherboard, 500W PSU, HP P7-1235, CCC 13.12 WHQL

11/08/2013 10:04 PM

Author Icon
Thanny
Alpha Geek

I didn't see your post initially, but as to why you didn't get any responses, I might hazard a guess.  You complain about low frame rate, yet the first thing you say is that you haven't even been able to reach 250fps. 

Most people reject the claim that <250fps constitutes a low frame rate.  Even your stated low point of 60-80fps is not low by any reasonable measure.

Overall, low GPU usage generally means CPU bottleneck.  CPU usage can easily appear low because of how Windows reports it.  Cores add up to 100%, so 25% usage on a four-core processor would be 100% usage in a single thread.  It gets more complicated with multiple cores and multiple threads.

You do seem to be suffering from a CPU bottleneck, though given that CS:GO uses the Source engine, you should be able to avoid it by turning on multicore rendering.  Since you didn't give any details about your settings, that's about as much as I can speculate on.

Statistics
86418 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 6 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.