Topic Title: League Of Legends - Shadow Bug
Topic Summary: Black lines appears when shadow is enabled
Created On: 11/27/2013 08:48 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 11/27/2013 08:48 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
biofly
Peon

After the most recent update from LoL, shadows now cause black lines to appear around the minions and champions. I have tried all different settings, and even reinstalling LoL, but nothing appears to be working.

Link to LoL forum with pics in it of the issue: LoL Shadow Bug

GPU:

AMD 6870- 13.11 win7 beta x64  (driver)

Had same issue with previous drivers 12.10 win7 x64.

11/28/2013 12:47 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Dinwiddie
Grinding Levels

Apparently this is only a minor shadow problem re LoL and one of their updates (ironic that patches can cause new probelms while trying to fix others). I see reports of not being able to see characters due to them being hidden by shadow after doing an update.

I reckon that along with fps issues this game seems to have, it's a problem with the game, not drivers. This may have been more apparent if more than two posters mentioned what gpu they use in the linked thread. btw - There are 131 pages of LoL threads (11/page) on the Nvidia forums.

A lot of games have wierd looking shadows, or glitches such as flickering shadows, depending on what shadow setting you are using. There is just as good a chance the max setting will look odd as there is the low setting will.

Edited: 11/28/2013 at 12:54 AM by Dinwiddie
Statistics
88948 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 3 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.