Topic Title: Battlefield 4 singleplayer error!
Topic Summary:
Created On: 12/23/2013 10:38 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 12/23/2013 10:38 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Gurgis
Peon

Hey guys! So i recently bought bf4 and have encountered a problem, whether or not this lands on AMD or BF4 thats for you to decide. So to the problem at hand: I haven't tested multiplayer yet (thought id get through sp first) but whenever the game is about to save my screen freezes up and my sound keeps looping, it doesn't crash but after maybe half a minute or so my game goes back to normal again. This always occurs during game saving but has occasionally happened for a shorter duration even when the game is not saving.

Also something worth mentioning, whenever i start BF4 it tells me my radeon drivers are out of date (13.4) and tells me i should use at least 13.9.

Naturally i went to amd and downloaded the new drivers: http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/latest-catalyst-windows-beta.aspx

Im thinking either i downloaded the wrong drivers or something else is causing the problems, because i still get the drivers out of date error when starting bf4.

Current graphicscard in use: AMD HD Radeon 7700 series

Appreciate any help i can get regarding this matter.

12/23/2013 10:51 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
stumped
Wizard

I would use the new whql 13.12 drivers > here < . Uninstall the old graphics driver using your computer 'uninstall a program' in the control panel. Find 'AMD install manager' and select Express uninstall all AMD software including the installer...if you have a Intel processor. If you have a AMD processor, select 'custom uninstall' and choose to delete the graphics driver and control panel only. Reboot. Install the new driver suite. Reboot. You should be good to go.

-------------------------

Intel I7 960 @ 3.87ghz *Intel DX58SO *HIS HD6970 2gb *Corsair TX650M *2x4gb Corsair XMS3 *WD Black 1TB *Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit ***Asus N71Jq laptop *Intel I7 720QM Processor *Mobility Radeon HD5730 1gb *8gb Ram *Windows 7 64bit ** Toshiba P75-A7200 * Intel I7-4700MQ * Windows 8.1 64bit

* A clear conscience is usually a sign of bad memory *

Statistics
84277 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.