Topic Title: Optimizing my AMD Computer for ARMA2/BF4/DAYZ
Topic Summary: I need help optimizing my cpu gpu etc
Created On: 01/27/2014 11:31 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 01/27/2014 11:31 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Anthony v2
Peon

Hey guys, I've had my computer since about July now and it has been working great! I just want to see if I can do a little bit more with it, and maybe learn how to tweak/optimize some things on it. Lately I've been playing BF4/LOL/and some other games where I can easily get over 100 fps on LoL which doesn't matter, and over 50-60 fps on BF4. The main problem is DayZ/Arma2. I know that DayZ is very poorly optimized and I've already looked into/heard from a lot of people about it. The reason I am worried about my performance is this: I get really great fps on other games, and then I get 20-35 fps on DayZ while my friends with poorer computers(even some have laptops) can get 15-25 which is almost the same as mine. I think mine can do better, I just don't know how to go about doing that.

My Specs:

Processor: AMD FX-8150 Eight-Core Processor

GPU: AMD Radeon HD 7850 2GB

Hard Drive: 500GB SATA II 7200RPM

Memory: 8GB DDR3 1333

If any of you have any optimizations I can do through the AMD Catalyst Control Center/Overdrive or anything else such as RAMDISK which I have looked into, but am not too sure how to use that would be awesome. I have no idea how to overclock safely/optimize my computer so it can perform at its best.

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

01/30/2014 12:03 PM

Author Icon
Update2Computer
Peon

Originally posted by: Anthony v2 Hey guys, I've had my computer since about July now and it has been working great! I just want to see if I can do a little bit more with it, and maybe learn how to tweak/optimize some things on it. Lately I've been playing BF4/LOL/and some other games where I can easily get over 100 fps on LoL which doesn't matter, and over 50-60 fps on BF4. The main problem is DayZ/Arma2. I know that DayZ is very poorly optimized and I've already looked into/heard from a lot of people about it. The reason I am worried about my performance is this: I get really great fps on other games, and then I get 20-35 fps on DayZ while my friends with poorer computers(even some have laptops) can get 15-25 which is almost the same as mine. I think mine can do better, I just don't know how to go about doing that.

My Specs:

Processor: AMD FX-8150 Eight-Core Processor

GPU: AMD Radeon HD 7850 2GB

Hard Drive: 500GB SATA II 7200RPM

Memory: 8GB DDR3 1333

If any of you have any optimizations I can do through the AMD Catalyst Control Center/Overdrive or anything else such as RAMDISK which I have looked into, but am not too sure how to use that would be awesome. I have no idea how to overclock safely/optimize my computer so it can perform at its best.

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

What model are your power supply unit and mainboard? When you are going to overclock, you will need to have a good quality on both power supply unit and from you your maninboards VRM (placed nearby CPU socket) to supply enough power for CPU without overheating VRM which will make your CPU throttle.

Some games will not scale that good even with an overclock on Zambezi or Vishera AMD CPU, so I am not sure this will help you. Google for some game bechmarks and you will see how well or badly a game will make use of an overclock or other way to make the system work faster like an SSD, a new video card or changes in drivers for both sound and video.

I am not sure how much going from 1333MHz DDR3 to something faster in bandwith will be able to produce some more frames pr second, but it seem that 1600 Mhz or even 1866 Mhz would make your system work a bit faster without being to expensive for an uprade.

01/31/2014 02:31 PM

Author Icon
stresskiller
Peon

perhaps this might help to reduce any unwanted programs running in background.

http://www.netsquirrel.com/msconfig/

-------------------------

02/01/2014 06:14 AM

Author Icon
Cellkill
Peon

Go to > Libraries > Documents > Arma 2

Find 2 CFG files (ArmA2/ArmA2OA). Open them up (use word/notepad)

Ind both CFG files:

GPU_MaxFrameAhead=1000; Set this to 1

GPU_DetectedFramesAhead=2; Same here.

-------------------------

i7-2600K - Asrock Z77 WS - 16GB Corsair -Gigabyte R9 290 Windforce x3 - 120GB Intel SSD - 4x1TB WD Black - 2x2TB Samsung

Statistics
84134 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 4 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.