I have a simple problem (hopefully) on FSX. I recently bought FSX and after installing I had a 'fatal error'. But then I downloaded the latest Catalyst Control Centre and FSX works like a dream.......until I restart my pc, then it stops and the 'fatal error' comes back. And to fix it, I just re-install CCC - and it come back perfect - what is causing this and how do I get around it??
- include the specific brand & model AMD Radeon HD 5670
- if any over-clocking is being done then provide GPU & memory clocks, and the application used to over-clock. No
AMD Catalyst Driver Version, and Driver History
- include driver version currently used, and version(s) tested previously Version 2013.1206.1603.28764 (downloaded 31st Jan 2014)
- 32-bit/64-bit; Service Pack, etc.. Windowns 7 64-bit Service Pack 1
- include details about additional operating systems also tested n/a
- include specifics on symptoms, and steps to reproduce the issue 'fatal error' when loading Flight Sim X (with Excpansion Pack) - install cataylst control centre and it fixes it. But when I restart/shutdown PC then problem comes back. Only re-installing CCC everytime I want to run FSX fixes it.
- describe in detail the issue experienced as above, fatal error when loading FSX
- for 3D Games, please include details of your in-game graphics settings (ex: Anti-Aliasing, VSync, etc..) no anti-aliasing, 1680x1050 frame rate 40.
- links to videos or pictures that may demonstrate your issue n/a
Motherboard or System Make & Model
- include the specific brand & model (ex: DELL XPS 8500, or ASUS M4A88TD-V) Dell Inspiron 560 with a Intel core 2 Dup E8400 @ 3Ghz 6GB of RAM
- include specific brand & model with output wattage OCZ Stealth Stream 500W
- a link to the manufacturer’s product page with specifications, or a picture of the unit’s label is helpful n/a
Display Device(s) and Connection(s) Used
- include specific brand & model (ex: DELL U2411) One stanard montor connected via standard cable into back of graphics card
- include specifics about any cables, adapters, splitters, hubs, used as above
Applications and Games
- list out all applications and games where the issue is occurring FSX
- include details about version or patch numbers FSX with Expansion Pack (Gold Edition)
- include model, speed, number of cores (ex: AMD Phenom II x4 965 Black Ed.) Intel Core 2 Dup E8400 @ 3GHZ
- if any over-clocking is being done provide details about it (ex: multiplier, voltages, clock speeds, and the application used to over-clock) n/a
Motherboard BIOS Version
- the BIOS version is displayed as soon as your system is powered on (ex: ASUS BIOS 1015) unknown
System Memory Type & Amount
- include specific brand & model Dell 6GB
- include specifics about the harddrive(s) used (ex: SSD boot drive), # of case fans, optical drives installed, or any additional PCI, or PCIe devices installed None
- include information about any system checks that have already been done to ensure the system is clean of viruses, spyware, etc.. dowloanded all latest Microsoft updates, removed joystick drivers to see if that was causing any problems.
- include information about any checks that have already been done to ensure hardware is not faulty. (ex: hardware swaps, Prime95 for CPU testing, Memtest86 for memory testing) all working fine