Running a Compatiblity Troubleshooter (Right-Click .exe, go to properties, under compatiblity tab) solved the issue. But still an issue that may effect other future games.
The Direct3D 11 device has been removed or has crashed. This requires the game to exit. Please ensure you have the latest drivers for your graphics device and restart the game.
When this first happened, the game didn't go back to desktop, my monitors just flickered, went black, and had red/yellow/blue staticy lines all over. I had to force my PC to shut down by holding the power button.
Second time: Same thing but at least it went back to my desktop so I can see the message.
- Powercolor AMD R9 290 (PowerColor AXR9 290 4GBD5-MDH/OC Radeon R9 290 4GB 512-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 CrossFireX Support Video Card)
AMD Catalyst Driver Version, and Driver History
- 13.11 Beta (Old, worked then)
- 14.1 Beta (Just installed 2/1/2014, Current Catalyst and Driver build)
- Game crashes in the ending "choices" of Bioshock Infinite.
- "When this first happened, the game didn't go back to desktop, my monitors just flickered, went black, and had red/yellow/blue staticy lines all over. I had to force my PC to shut down by holding the power button. Second time: Same thing but at least it went back to my desktop so I can see the message."
Motherboard or System Make & Model
- CORSAIR HX Series 750W
Display Device(s) and Connection(s) Used
- ASUS VG248QE 144Hz (Monitor 2x)
- HDMI (2nd Monitor)
- DVI-D (Dual-Link, Main Display)
Applications and Games
- Intel Core i7-4770K Haswell 3.5GHz
Motherboard BIOS Version
System Memory Type & Amount
- 16GB G.Skill Trident X Series DDR3 1600
- Just got the latest beta driver (14.1 on 2/1/2014)
- Battlefield 4 still works fine, many games still do. Only have this issue during the end of Bioshock Infinite.
- Solved issue by running Bioshock by running the Compatiblity mode Troubleshooter under Right-Click BioshockInfinite.exe>Properties
04:18 PM by