Topic Title: R9 290x break through!
Topic Summary: I think (and hope) ive found a work around for the acute instability whenever we use Mantle.
Created On: 02/04/2014 07:10 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 02/04/2014 07:10 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
plunderclat
Peon

I have found a fix for the crashing on the R9 290x!!!!!!! (well one of a few things fixed it but I'm sure of which one did it!!!! in windows goto your RUN box and type 'msconfig' and click on the start up tap. Look for the catalyst control centre and UNCHECK that box. you don't want that loading up on boot.  run the game.

Please let me know how that fairs, and if it didn't work, its' likely to be one of the hardware managers that you have installed, because the other things I deselected for bootup was anything to do with the motherboard software (i use the m5a9xx EVO R.2.0 and there were a few monitors installed with this)

Really hope this helps someone because it has been my absolute bain since i installed 14.1 and used mantle.

I have done a few things to get it to crash so that I didn't waste your time such as - ran every map, tabbed out of game and ran hardware monitors, used my browser etc. nothing has caused the game to crash since I carried out the *above* steps.

So pleased, bf4 runs so nice now.

(btw if you're using an intel processor, disable the on board gpu)

-------------------------
GIGABYTE R9 290x - AMD FX 8350 black edition - 8gb corsair vengeance 1866mhz - Samsung 840 pro 240gb x2 - 750w 50A single rail CoolerMaster psu - m5a99x evo R2.0.

No O/C!
Statistics
87473 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.