Topic Title: Thief 2014 7950 Crossfire Lights Flickering
Topic Summary:
Created On: 03/03/2014 08:42 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 03/03/2014 08:42 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
jboom91
Peon

So I just got the new Thief game and I had already uninstalled my 14.1 and installed the new 14.2 radeon beta drivers.

The game ran pretty well, benchmark showed 45 avg fps without crossfire and around 75 with crossfire.

After the intro of the game I noticed that any light sources in the game currently on my screen were flickering very quickly, it was distracting.  I played with all the graphics options to no avail, but then I turned off exclusive fullscreen, which makes the game technically run in windowed mode, therefore no longer running crossfire.

When I did this the flickering stopped and everything in the game looked normal, if turn exclusive fullscreen back on thus running the game in crossfire the flickering of lights starts again.

Anybody have any suggestions or is anyone else reproducing a simliar issue with a similar setup, all help is appreciated, thank you.

03/04/2014 10:50 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Earnhardt
Case Modder

Just a bit over 3 weeks since the release of AMD’s Catalyst 14.1 beta drivers, AMD is back again with their first update to the Catalyst 14 series with the 14.2 betas. A direct continuation of the 14.1 betas (driver branch 13.35), these drivers contain a number of bug fixes for 14.1. Furthermore these drivers will also be AMD’s launch drivers for Thief, which is being released today.

As far as Thief is concerned, Thief is one of AMD’s showcase titles for their GCN marquee features, designed to showcase both Mantle and TrueAudio. Unfortunately, in something that’s becoming a trend with AMD joint projects, the actual GCN features aren’t in the launch version of Thief. Instead they will be added in a patch in March (hopefully), which this driver lays the groundwork for by enabling TrueAudio and providing the Mantle functionality Thief will need. In the meantime these are still the recommended drivers for Thief’s Direct3D renderer, serving as the validated launch drivers for that game along with the first driver set to provide a complete Crossfire profile.

-------------------------

AMD Phenom II 1100t @4.0Ghz /Asus sabertooth 990fx/2x Gigabyte 3G 7950's in crossfire/500G samsung 840 ssd/16G G-Skill Ripjaw 1600/2-samsung 24" monitors 1920X1200/Corsair AX1200W psu/W7 pro 64,G19 keyboard,Roccat kone pure mouse,Cooler master HAF932,Corsair H100i water cooler,Zalman ram cooler.Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champion Series,Logitech Z5500 speakers,Roccat Kave 5.1 headset.

Statistics
88948 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.