Problem - CCC will not open or run after updating drivers / Install failures.
If you're faced with install issues, try these solutions. May not work if any driver sweeper or registry entry cleaners have been used.
Might also be of use if errors are encountered during installation of drivers ..
Run a system file check first using an elevated command prompt - SFC /scannow
.. and then try the things mentioned below.
Navigate to : C:\ATI\Support\ ( your driver version here ) \Config\InstallManager.cfg
.. open the .cfg file and change the value :
... and see if that starts the install process ..
Also an option :
1. Download the WICU.
2. Uninstall everything related to ATI/AMD.
Control Panel -->> Services -->> AMD External Events Utility -->> Disable / Stop Service ..
Command Prompt with elevated permissions --> sc delete "AMD External Events Utility" ..
3. Launch WICU and delete anything related to ATI/AMD/CCC.
4. Delete all ATI/AMD folders in "C:\Program Files" and "C:\Program Files (x86)".
5. While UAC is turned off (Vista/7 only) navigate to the "C:\Windows\Assembly" folder and delete any assemblies which have the public token key "90ba9c70f846762e". It is possible that you won't find any, but check it.
6. Install the Catalyst package again.
Run a CMD window as admin
Type : C:\ATI\Support\< name of catalyst folder package unpacked in C:\ here>\
Then : C:\ATI\Support\< name of catalyst folder package unpacked in C:\ here>\cd bin ( or cd bin64 )
Then type the command : atisetup.exe -Install -Output screen
AM3 965BE / Corsair H70 / 4Gb Corsair XMS3 2000Mhz / GigaByte 990FXA-UD5 / Corsair Force3 90Gb / x2 HD3870 Atomic Edition / x4 1Tb Storage & Momentus XT 250Gb / Sony AD-7700 DVD-RW / Auzen X-Mystique / Enermax INFINITI 650W / Lian-Li PC-7FNWB / Logitech X-530 / Logitech KBoard & MX620 / Logitech C525 / Epson RX685 / DELL U2312HM