Topic Title: **STICKY** | KDBSYNCH failed [RECOMMENDED FIX]
Topic Summary: New drivers cause KDBSYNCH problem
Created On: 11/11/2012 10:04 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 11/11/2012 10:04 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
nmassie1
Peon

I ran an automatic update for AMD VISION Control Center and begin getting a message that KDBSYCH failed to start

Edited: 11/12/2012 at 02:23 PM by AMD Support and Game Moderator
 11/12/2012 11:42 AM

Author Icon
Canis-X
Forum Moderator

Read this thread and try what is suggested, let us know if it solves your issue or not:

http://forums.amd.com/game/messageview.cfm?catid=449&threadid=162032&highlight_key=y&keyword1=kdbsync

-------------------------

The opinions expressed above do not represent those of Advanced Micro Devices or any of their affiliates.
Requiescat In Pace AMD Processor Forums | Member since: 1/19/2009 | Post count:
Please don't PM me with questions, instead create a thread so that everyone can assist and benefit from the knowledge provided. Thanks in advance!

11/12/2012 02:03 PM

Author Icon
George@AMD
Nerfed

There are two ways you can resolve this issue.

The first method is to completely reinstall the drivers again.

You may use this guide. (This is for Windows 7 and Vista)

1. Download the WICU.

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Security/Secure-cleaning/Windows-Installer-CleanUp-Utility.shtml

2. Uninstall everything related to ATI/AMD and reboot through programs and features in the Control Panel (programs and features).

Use Driver Fusion (freeware) to remove any remnants of AMD (check the "AMD Display" box) (http://treexy.com/products/driver-fusion).

3. Launch WICU and delete anything related to ATI/AMD/CCC.

4. Delete all ATI/AMD folders in "C:\Program Files" and "C:\Program Files (x86)".

5. Boot into safemode and navigate to the "C:\Windows\Assembly" folder and delete any assemblies which have the public token key "90ba9c70f846762e". It is possible that you won't find any, but check it.

6. Reboot.

7. Install the Catalyst package again. It should work now without the error message appearing.

The second method is to turn off the service.

Here is a picture to turn it off in “msconfig” The highlighted one is the one you need to turn off.

Sync

AMD Customer Care
The information presented in this document is for informational purposes only and may contain technical inaccuracies, omissions and typographical errors. Links to third party sites are for convenience only, and no endorsement is implied

11/12/2012 02:05 PM

Author Icon
George@AMD
Nerfed

Let me know if my methods resolve this issue or not.

AMD Customer Care
The information presented in this document is for informational purposes only and may contain technical inaccuracies, omissions and typographical errors. Links to third party sites are for convenience only, and no endorsement is implied

11/12/2012 02:22 PM

Author Icon
Canis-X
Forum Moderator

Thanks George!  I'll sticky this one for a bit since we seem to get a lot of threads lately concerning it.

The opinions expressed above do not represent those of Advanced Micro Devices or any of their affiliates.
Requiescat In Pace AMD Processor Forums | Member since: 1/19/2009 | Post count:
Please don't PM me with questions, instead create a thread so that everyone can assist and benefit from the knowledge provided. Thanks in advance!

11/23/2012 01:08 PM

Author Icon
DennisOS2
Peon

Separately, I have recently performed the exact same proceedures in an attempt to resolve this issue. 

• DL'ed the legacy software ( 12-6-legacy_vista_win7_64_dd_ccc_whql ) for my Radeon 4800
  • Installed over previous versions (an update in version for me but did NOT resolve the start-up error message).  So .....
  • Uninstalled all ATI software
  • Deleted all remaining ATI/AMD directories
  • Rebooted ...... no error meassage (of course)
  • Re-installed the legacy software package
  • Rebooted ......... error meassage returned

The computer seems to be operating fine.  I'm not a gamer, so I'm not sure if kbsync is utilized in a non-game environment.  My sense from reading the comments that anyone with this or similar series cards at least in Win7 will have this error.  So, a few basic question to which I/we need answers:

• What does kbsync do?
  • What HW does it interface with?  Yes, I assume it is a keyboard, but is it a particular brand or type?
  • Under what circumstances is it necessary to be operable?
  • What other system/hardware issues will pop up if it IS necessary but has not been initiated at startup?

I can put up with the error message if I know there is no downside not having kbsync initiated at startup.  Could not find anything in the Knowledgebase that can answer these questions.

Dennis

11/23/2012 04:02 PM

Author Icon
nmassie1
Peon

The only thing I found that quit working and seems to be tied to KDBSYNC failing is DFX sound enhancement.    It worked before the failures and did not work after.

12/12/2012 03:11 PM

Author Icon
karnasw
Peon

1. Uninstall AMD Drivers restart

2. Clean all AMD Drivers by Driver Fusion and restart

3. Install AMD Drivers. Restart. Done. No Kdbsync error.

4. Come on AMD, fix this crap 12.6 legacy drivers to work with modern ui apps. Nvidia 8500gt drivers works like a charm. Nvidia can support this old card but you have problem with drivers for still good card like HD4890. I won't buy next card with so short support.   

12/12/2012 05:22 PM

Author Icon
DennisOS2
Peon

Originally posted by: karnasw 1. Uninstall AMD Drivers restart

2. Clean all AMD Drivers by Driver Fusion and restart

3. Install AMD Drivers. Restart. Done. No Kdbsync error.

4. Come on AMD, fix this crap 12.6 legacy drivers to work with modern ui apps. Nvidia 8500gt drivers works like a charm. Nvidia can support this old card but you have problem with drivers for still good card like HD4890. I won't buy next card with so short support.   

Did that before I came here and searched the board.   Then I joined the board so I could ask for other suggestions.   Thanks anyway.

Dennis

12/12/2012 05:35 PM

Author Icon
karnasw
Peon

Did you use Driver Fusion? For me it's working.

12/12/2012 05:50 PM

Author Icon
DennisOS2
Peon

Originally posted by: karnasw Did you use Driver Fusion? For me it's working.

Honestly don't know what that is.   I have an older card (4xxx series) so I dl'ed legacy support drivers, uninstalling old ones,  deleteing all folders and leave behinds.  Then rebooted to install new drivers.

Dennis

12/12/2012 06:24 PM

Author Icon
stumped
Wizard

Originally posted by: DennisOS2  

Honestly don't know what that is.   I have an older card (4xxx series) so I dl'ed legacy support drivers, uninstalling old ones,  deleteing all folders and leave behinds.  Then rebooted to install new drivers.

http://forums.amd.com/game/messageview.cfm?catid=444&threadid=162444&enterthread=y

Intel I7 960 @ 3.87ghz *Intel DX58SO *HIS HD6970 2gb *Corsair TX650M *2x4gb Corsair XMS3 *WD Black 1TB *Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit ***Asus N71Jq laptop *Intel I7 720QM Processor *Mobility Radeon HD5730 1gb *8gb Ram *Windows 7 64bit ** Toshiba P75-A7200 * Intel I7-4700MQ * Windows 8.1 64bit

* A clear conscience is usually a sign of bad memory *

12/13/2012 04:47 AM

Author Icon
karnasw
Peon

Originally posted by: DennisOS2  

Driver Fusion is the new version of Driver Sweeper. Software that clean drivers from system(deleting AMD folders you don't remove all drivers from system)  . In Driver Fusion you must choose AMD, and click button "Clean". If everything dissapear then you can install legacy drivers again.  

Edited: 09/04/2014 at 09:22 AM by AMD Support and Game Moderator
Statistics
85393 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 4 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.