Working through a detailed uninstall of an existing AMD Catalyst™ Driver is the first step to ensuring that a new Catalyst Driver installs correctly.
NOTE! It is recommended that you temporarily disable any anti-virus/malware/ad-block programs during the uninstall and install process.
Uninstall the existing AMD Catalyst Driver using the instructions provided below for the Operating System installed.
WINDOWS® 8, WINDOWS 7, VISTA and WINDOWS XP
- Review the published knowledgebase article (GPU-57) that provides detailed uninstall steps for an AMD Catalyst Driver.
The following additional steps are recommended to advanced users, and only if the Catalyst Driver installation was not successful after attempting the uninstall steps provided in Part 1.
- After completing the uninstall steps provided in Part 1, restart the system into Safe-Mode.
- Log in as the Administrator.
- Navigate to the folder, "C:\Windows\assembly"
- Sort the entries by, "Public Key Token"
- Locate entries with the public key token, "90ba9c70f846762e"
- Delete or uninstall (by right-clicking) all entries associated with that public key token only.
- Restart the computer into Normal-Mode.
NOTE! Before installing an AMD Catalyst Driver, the AMD graphics card must be physically installed into the system with a display connected and working from it.
AMD Catalyst 12.9 (or newer) requires Microsoft's .NET Framework v.4 (or newer) to be installed. Please confirm you have the appropriate .NET Framework installed before installing an AMD Catalyst Driver.
- comes with .NET Framework v4.5 installed
WINDOWS 7 & VISTA
- .NET Framework v4.5 is a complete update, and will uninstall any previous .NET v4.x installation prior to installing itself.
- Download .NET Framework v4.5 (http://www.microsoft.com/net)
After confirming that the appropriate .NET Framework version is installed, review the published knowledgebase article (GPU-507) that provides detailed install steps for the AMD Catalyst Driver on all Windows Operating Systems.
NOTE! Certain laptop configurations are not compatible with AMD's Mobility Catalyst™ Driver. AMD provides graphics drivers for most laptop brands and models for the Mobility Radeon™ HD series of graphics cards. If the AMD Mobility Radeon Driver Verification tool reports that the hardware is incompatible, then the notebook manufacturer is the exclusive provider of the graphics drivers for your notebook. Review the published knowledgebase article (GPU-28041) that provides further information.
Intel I7 960 @ 3.87ghz *Intel DX58SO *HIS HD6970 2gb *Corsair TX650M *2x4gb Corsair XMS3 *WD Black 1TB *Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit *Gateway HD2401 24" 2ms 1920x1200 ***Asus N71Jq laptop *Intel I7 720QM Processor *Mobility Radeon HD5730 1gb *8gb Ram *Windows 7 64bit
* A clear conscience is usually a sign of bad memory *
09:32 AM by
AMD Support and Game Moderator