Topic Title: How to Amend Power Profile "Application" to AMD CCC Presets
Topic Summary:
Created On: 07/01/2013 11:54 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 07/01/2013 11:54 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
cupper24
Peon

Hey everyone,

I recently made a switch to an Intel-based system, but stayed with AMD in terms of GPU. One of the major conveniences that I noticed were missing was the Power tab in CCC which lets you customize the Windows power profile based on your selected AMD preset.

Here's what I did:

Created a new shortcut and typed "powercfg -setactive ".

To get that long identifier to replace <above> , pull up a commancd prompt and type "powercfg -list", and it will list the string associated with each power profile.

Store the shortcuts where you like and you can now add the shortcuts in the "Application" window when you go to save the CCC preset.

Currently, when I'm not gaming, I run a modified version of the Balanced profile, and High Performance for 3D environments.

I did a quick search to see if a similar post had been created and was unable to find one, so enjoy! If this is a repeat, my apologies.

cupper24

-------------------------

Intel i5 3570k|Asrock z77 Extreme4|8x2GB Corsair CMZ16GX3M2A1600C10|HIS HD 6950 IceQx Turbo 2GB|X-Fi XGamer Fatal1ty Pro|Corsair HX850W PSU|Intel SSDSC2CW180A3|Modded CM HAF932 Case|Corsair Hydro H100i|Windows 7 HP 64-Bit SP1

Edited: 07/29/2014 at 05:05 PM by AMD Support and Game Moderator
Statistics
84844 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.