Topic Title: Display driver stopped responding and has recovered
Topic Summary: Common issue...TDR
Created On: 07/02/2013 06:00 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 07/02/2013 06:00 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
stumped
Wizard

This is a common issue. It is a Windows issue. Here is Microsoft's article.

Here is a work around:

The following is a way to extend the time Windows waits before it restarts the video. It doesn't "fix" the original issue, but it should prevent most, if not all, of the TDR's from happening.

Note: If you are not familiar with editing the registry, I wouldn't recommend changing the TDR. It involves creating new keys and values, which have to be exactly the same as the instructions, even the capitalization.
1.Click Start, Run, and type "regedit"
2.Navigate to: HKey Local Machine\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\
3.Locate the "GraphicsDrivers" key, and right-click on it.
4.Click "New"at the top of the page and create "DWORD Value"(for 32bit) or "QWORD" (for 64bit)
5.Label the new value "TdrDelay"
6.Double click on TdrDelay, and enter the number of seconds you want Windows to wait before timing out. The default is two seconds, so start out with 8, and you can make it a few seconds longer if it doesn't fix the issue.
7.Close the registry editor and reboot the computer.

-------------------------

Intel I7 960 @ 3.87ghz *Intel DX58SO *HIS HD6970 2gb *Corsair TX650M *2x4gb Corsair XMS3 *WD Black 1TB *Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit ***Asus N71Jq laptop *Intel I7 720QM Processor *Mobility Radeon HD5730 1gb *8gb Ram *Windows 7 64bit ** Toshiba P75-A7200 * Intel I7-4700MQ * Windows 8.1 64bit

* A clear conscience is usually a sign of bad memory *

Edited: 07/29/2014 at 05:02 PM by AMD Support and Game Moderator
Statistics
84705 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.