Topic Title: Newbie trying to install radeon x1650 pro
Topic Summary:
Created On: 02/07/2012 05:10 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 02/07/2012 05:10 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
bachslap33
n00b

Hello, total newbie here attempting to install an older card on my computer.  I am trying to put in a radeon x1650 pro 512mb pci-express in my new computer but have ran into a couple problems.  First, I have determined that I have an AMD 760g motherboard with onboard Radeon 3000 graphics.  I went to the AMD site and downloaded the driver updater and ran the autodetect mode, but now the screen resolution dropped to 800x800 ( it was 720p before) and wont change.  I understand from the manual that I need to update the motherboard drivers and uninstall the graphic card driver in order to put this new one in, but I don't understand how to if they are the same.  Also, I realized that the x1650 pro says Vista ready but nothing about Windows 7 which I am running.  Is it even possible to use with it?

If it helps, my computer specs are:

AMD Phenom II x4 955 processor 3.20 GHz

16GB ram

64 bit OS, Windows 7

and I'm using a Vizio tv for the monitor connected with HDMI

All I wanna do is be able to play Serious Sam BFE, and if nothing else, I'd like to at least get the drivers back to before I installed the new one so I can go back to the higher res.  Thanks a lot!

Statistics
85760 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.