Topic Title: A4-3300 with 6410d ATI Graphics Freezing Problem?
Topic Summary:
Created On: 10/14/2012 03:26 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 10/14/2012 03:26 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
soughtseven103
n00b

I got an AMD A4-3300 CPU which has an integrated 6410d GPU on it.  Until recently the GPU didn't work at all.  Then I got a Windows Update with a driver for it and now it works.  The only problem is, it freezes all the time.  Very randomly as well.  I will just be searching a site and the whole screen will have like a faded color of the site and like vertical lines that are green/orange.  I was all excited that I finally got to use the GPU, and now it freezes all the time.  I do have an upgrade Zalman cooler for it because I thought that was why it was freezing before but it still does it.  Also, how can I overclock my CPU to run faster since I got a nice CPU cooler for it?  I want to do it in BIOS.  Is there a site that I can do that?  How can I troubleshoot this freezing problem?

10/17/2012 09:10 AM

Author Icon
welshdude_1980
n00b

Im getting the same issue with a 3400 desktop , The system build runs windows untill I setup drivers, then it BSODs.

I sent the mobo back and they siad it run ok on test's. But they did not check the GFX chip inside the APU.

Im guessing this chip as a faulty GFX on it as W8, Ubuntu and W7 all have problems loading drivers

-------------------------
Win 7 + XP
Phenom II B50 3 x 3300
MSI 785GTM-E45
2x2GB Kingston DDR2 1066
650w Silent PSU
2x1TB WDCG + 500 HDS SATAII
3DFX 6790
 10/17/2012 11:08 AM

Author Icon
soughtseven103
n00b

Don't assume that is the reason.  Until the other day I thought it was the GPU on the APU.  I tried everything.  I tried moving the cooler around, more paste, etc.  I even tried running the fan higher and that seemed to work a litle longer but it still froze.  I just found out the reason for my problem.  The MEMORY slot on my motherboard is faulty.  I read somewhere that the MEMORY could be the problem so my first reaction was to switch the slots.  Sure enough it's been running half a week now without one problem.  I would have replaced the memory next had I continued to get problems.  But good thing I found out that reason.  Good luck!

Statistics
81015 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 5 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.