Topic Title: My PC is getting switch off automatically
Topic Summary: My PC is getting switch off after 5-6 hours of continous operation
Created On: 10/16/2012 03:04 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 10/16/2012 03:04 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
chandrasas
n00b

Hello,

I am having a desktop assembled with ASUS mother board and AMD processor. My PC is getting continous restart automatically after 5-6 hours of operation and blue screen is coming and messaging like some referenced memory is missing. This process is continous untill i completely switch -off the desktop for another 3-4 hours. My processor/mother board doesn't having a warranty. Please tell me what could be the possible reasons for this.

Thanks in advance.

Sekhar.

-------------------------
J Sekhar
 10/16/2012 08:32 AM

Author Icon
Thanny
Alpha Geek

You have faulty hardware of some sort.  The most likely culprit, given no further information to go on, would be memory.  Do a search for Memtest86, and run that if you can figure out how - it's not difficult, but you'll need to either create a boot CD/DVD, or set up a USB key for booting.

Given the frequency of your errors, a memory fault would probably turn up quickly during testing, but you still need to run Memtest86 for hours, or even days, to rule out faulty memory.

10/16/2012 10:46 AM

Author Icon
orn
Nerfed

this could result from corrupted primary memory, overheating due to dust build up, coolers (fans) showing its age and time for a change and whatnot
 10/16/2012 07:11 PM

Author Icon
NemesisChild
Peon

Originally posted by: orn this could result from corrupted primary memory, overheating due to dust build up, coolers (fans) showing its age and time for a change and whatnot

Agreed, sounds like a memory or over heating problem.

Intel i7 3770K@ 4.8GHz
Corsair H70 Core Hydro
ASUS Maximus V Formula 
16GB G.Skill RipjawsX@ 2133MHz, 9-11-10-28
SLI: 2x EVGA GTX 670 4GB SC+@ 1267MHz cores 
Corsair HX850W Modular
Cooler Master HAF 922
Win 7 H.P. x64 & Win 8 x64

10/16/2012 08:05 PM

Author Icon
Canis-X
Forum Moderator

sounds to me like he has cool & quiet on and/or his settings in the BIOS/UEFI configured to auto.  

Personally, I would manually configure the memory timings/frequency/voltage to what is shown on the memory stick's sticker and try that first.  If that doesn't solve it, the next step would be the CPU freq and vcore.

Cheers!

The opinions expressed above do not represent those of Advanced Micro Devices or any of their affiliates.
Requiescat In Pace AMD Processor Forums | Member since: 1/19/2009 | Post count:
Please don't PM me with questions, instead create a thread so that everyone can assist and benefit from the knowledge provided. Thanks in advance!

Statistics
88839 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.