Topic Title: FX 8150 working at 51 grades, but going up to 69 grades when letf alone five minutes
Topic Summary:
Created On: 11/07/2012 04:34 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 11/07/2012 04:34 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
sureoffa
Peon

My three month new CPU works between 48 and 52 grades with its stock cooler. Internet and Office stuff only. Couple of torrents some times. But if I stand up for a coffee, when I come back the sensors (Asus, CPUInfo) panic to 68/69 degrees. After resuming work, the temp goes gradualy to 50 grades again. 

It's happening 10 of 10 times. How can I debug this weird behaviour ?

AMD FX 8150 Black edition. CPU_Fan 2710 rpm.

Foxconn case. 1939 rpm. Noctua fans.

Asus M5A99X EVO. 34 Grades aprox. No overclocking.

12Gb 1.3Ghz Corsair RAM.

Windows 8. No other software than Chrome and Office and Microsoft's Antivirus. 

The obvious solution would be not to stand up anymore, of course, but I really would like to have some coffee from time to time

11/07/2012 05:02 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Mime
Forum Moderator

Is there something scheduled to run while your machine is idle?  It sounds like something is switching on when the machine goes idle which is making it work much harder than it is normally.

Solutions are... Get a better heatsink... find the troublesome background process and kill it, or both. 

-------------------------

Do not meddle in the affairs of archers, for they are subtle and quick to anger.
Troll Hunter

The opinions expressed above do not represent those of Advanced Micro Devices or any of their affiliates.

Statistics
85436 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 5 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.