Topic Title: Please Help, can't use the processor at full speed
Topic Summary:
Created On: 12/05/2012 04:46 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 12/05/2012 04:46 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Cubica
Peon

Hi! My dad bought me my first laptop, a Lenovo Z475, for this year's (2012) CyberMonday (but I am not in the United States). The problem comes ahead, as the legal seller's web page and the box where the laptop came in had both the following information:

Lenovo Z475

AMD Vision A6-3420M APU from 1.50GHz to 2.4GHz

AMD Radeon(tm) HD Graphics 6520G

4,00 GB RAM

Windows 7 Home Basic 64 bits

Windows Service Pack 1

The problem is, by having all-out energy plan, I can't seem to set the processor to boost up from 1.50 GHz. Nowhere in the laptop says it has TurboBoost. Plus, in the AMD product page, my exact same CPU has its range speed from 1.5 to 2.4!

From the desktop, I can right-click and run AMD VISION Engine Control Center, where I can select the CPU speed to work at lower speeds than 1.5, but no higer speeds options.

I thought the problem was the driver, so I tried to install AMD's autodetect driver Catalyst(tm) setup, and it just kept me bumping for the same error: NSIS Error, suposedly corrupted files inconvenient, but also tried to download it multiple times. Got the same Error, even when using different ways to download it, and administrator rights installation.

Now, windows keeps saying the drivers are all up to date.

I need high speed CPU to render and edit music in various Digital Audio Workstations

I still have 3 month warranty, but people at lenovo keep sending me from one place to the other, then back again at the same place.

Any new ideas to try are welcome. Thank you in advance!  

PS: Sorry for the long post.

Statistics
84274 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.