- EVGA GTX-660 Ti FTW Signature 2
AMD Catalyst Driver Version, and Driver History
- No Catalyst Drivers
- Windows 7 Professional Service Pack 1 64 bit
- My computer will not get past Starting Windows or into Safe Mode.
I recieve bluescreens when I try to boot my computer. The bluecreens do not even leave a MiniDump for me to look at, or upload to a website.
Using a USB, I have tried loading in the Windows 7 Installer, and it just crashed after "Windows is loading files" with a bluescreen. The USB works fine on my laptop and gets to the installation screen.
The same goes with both Ubuntu, and Fedora distros. I loaded them using a USB, but end with a kernel panic on the computer using this processor. They will load perfectly fine on my laptop.
Motherboard or System Make & Model
- GA-990FXA-UD3 F9 BIOS
- CoolerMaster GX 750 Watts
Display Device(s) and Connection(s) Used
- HP 2011x Monitor using a DVI cord.
Applications and Games
- At the "Starting Windows" Screen where the Windows Logo is supposed to appear.
-AMD FX 4100 4-Core Processor, 3.6 4 Socket AM3+ FD4100WMGUSBX
-I have not done any overclocking
Motherboard BIOS Version
- Award Software International, F9,
System Memory Type & Amount
- Corsair Vengeance Blue 16 GB DDR3 SDRAM CMZ16GX3M4A1600C9B
- I only have 3 in the system, totalling up to 12 GB of RAM.
- Western Digital Caviar Black 2 TB SATA III 7200 RPM 64 MB Cache WD2002FAEX
-SanDisk Extreme SSD 120 GB SATA 6.0 Gb - SDSSDX-120G-G25
- 3 Case Fans.
2 200m fans
1 small fan in the back
- CM Storm Enforcer Case
- memtest86+ 4.20 4 passes no errors
- I had run a scan with Microsoft Security Essentials, and Superantispyware earlier that week. Nothing showed up( I have not had any virus or spyware incidents on this system.)
- I have my mobo at stock settings, and had no problems until recently.
- I tried my ram, and SSD at a friend's computer and found no problems with the RAM or SSD.
- My Power supply voltage was normal, no variations in the voltage.
*All the above was done with bios at stock settings, and all cores enabled, with no changes whatsoever.*
I was able to get my computer to load windows by disabling cores 3/4 in the BIOS menu. I am not sure what this means, or what to make of it. So, I am posting on this forum to see if anyone else has an idea of what is going on. Is my processor fine? Should I change the clocks? Is there any way to fix this? Should I give up on the processor?